busa knee dragging.........

bowhunter84

Registered
how many of you knee drag on your busa? i ride with a group of sportbikes that do it quite often and am curious about doing it on a busa.

there's a lot of us on here that can easily drag a knee on the big girl. just takes a little more work because she's a bigger bike. best place to learn is on a track....no oncoming cars, trees or mailboxes :thumbsup:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/twisties/103818-so-you-want-get-your-knee-down-eh.html

You may want to start with this thread. This may be the most viewed thread on this site with an amazing 19,400 views. It's "Sticky" in the twisties forum.

Knee dragging is a milestone on anyone's resume. Some people take to it quickly while others struggle and never hear that soothing sound of a puck scrapping along the pavement. The track is the best place to work on buffing up a puck although many learn on a favorite corner or round-a-bout.

I do, but the Busa won't lean over quite as far as a 600/750/1000. The right lower fairing will also drag the road easier than the left, as the clutch cover sits out further. The stock mufflers also drag easily. Muffler and fairing dragging both are asking for a lowside. It took me a while to learn to get further off the Busa seat than a smaller bike to avoid this.
Your height and length of your legs directly affects how easy your knee does or doesn't touch, and how much you need to shift in the seat to accomplish that.
Most importantly, you need to be more concerned with good control and braking and not just trying to purposely put your knee down. There comes a point where putting your knee down will just happen because the and angle of the curve at that speed will require it.
There's also many a curve where I can drag a knee, but it is not needed, and would even slow me down.
Some track guys will be along with better advice, just don't push it fore the sole purpose of having your knee on the road.:thumbsup:

PIC_0451.jpg

:whistle:

I have beull pegs on my bike and i am always dragging my toe sliders. My old fat body cant seem to get the knee laid out there anymore! :laugh: My pics from the track show i am inches from scuffing the pucks, but its not what i am concentrating on at that moment. (more like..Oh Lord please dont let the front end let go!!) Lap times and confidence is what i am striving for. The scuff marks will come, hopefully before i turn 60! :laugh:

I was wearing blue jeans...no bloody knee for me!

:laugh: i've done the same thing, went to put my knee down and remembered i didn't have pucks on just in time to jerk my knee out of harm's way :beerchug:

Not just yet, need to get to the track! Once I get my Gen2, I'll retire the Gen1 from the street!
Posted via Mobile Device

I road with Lurch the other day and he is so big he can drag a knee going straight. ;)

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Back