A few knee dragging pics, from the Dragon.

ON the BLue busa behind him....the tires i was using where BT002 Bridgestones! I think Macon was using Dunlop Q2's.... I did get to see them up close and at speed many times at the Bash!

Yes we had a great time dicing, and Tim was on my A$$ the whole time we where riding on the dragon, even when i was 1 up Warbird never gave me a break, smoking on me the whole time. :thumbsup:

Macon...you are the Man! :beerchug: and a Pic ho too!! :laugh: Love ya bro!

Thanks Ace, I have to admit i really do like pics, gotta have something to show the grandkids when a guy gets to old to do it. :laugh:

Lookin' good, Shane; as always! :beerchug:

Look forward to seein' those on the big silver screen in Reno...sometime mid-August...:whistle:

You comin'?

W.O.W!
that is ridonkulous!!!!

you will always be my knee draggin GOD for someone that can do that with ease on a busa......

some unfortunate news... the busa is gone "within arms reach"....
i had the busa up for sale over the winter as i was searching for my dream bike which was what i originally wanted which was the ZX10R...

so one day i had received a pm on one of our local moto forums from a guy interested in my bike, and asked if i could hold it with cash until he sold his... i said "not interested" then before i got off the phone something told me to ask what he is riding..... and his anwer was

same as mine 2008
same mileage 8-9k
black

came with:
bmc air filter
akro mid pipe
leo slip on
carbon fibre hugger and side panels
competition werks plate bracket
comtech exhaust bracket
michelin 2cts (new not installed yet)
power comander 5
zero gravity screen
and stomp grip

he was looking for $9000 canadian
and so was i, so guess what we straight up swapped
all it costed was $80 candian at the DMV....

funny thing was he was looking for the busa as well
when he bought the ZX10R as well but got the 10 for a steal
as i was in the opposite position as well i got the busa for 3000 cheaper than the 10.

so anyways i am LOVING the 10 obviously because its effortless to get down, not quite draggin the knee but DAMN close! to be honest i think with the right body position it should be right there.

i dont want to say or think i "coped out" and gave up, but i will confidently say that the busa was ABSOLUTELY NO REGRET! i have experienced all with the busa i would never experience with any other bike... myself and the person i swapped with have become good friends and ride together all the time (hence i say within arms reach) till this day i still walk up to it when we are ready to go back out riding lol.... he is 6"5 280 pounds of muscle and fits the busa like a glove and is now getting use to ramping as well with success!

i'm still a member here for more for the reason for posts like this and pm's from you... absoutley love it!

thanks for sharing and keep in touch...

jeff.

Congrats on the new bike bro, sounds like you are enjoying it. :thumbsup:

:beerchug: Glad you enjoyed yourself, Brittani is wanting to make it out for the fall bash maybe we can get two bikes two up the same frame! :beerchug:

Picture below is after 50+ miles of me and 10 ish of Shane. Also these are MotoTrax pucks.

That would be awesome,it would make for some nice pics.

Sweet pics!

Doing the one hand thing while cornering isn't hard. If you are positioned right, you shouldn't have any weight on the bars, and should be able to take a hand off. It does tend to freak out riders and cars going the other way though.:whistle:

Exactly right, it is very easy to do, just like getting a knee down after the first time it is easy and ya know how to do it.

NOTICE I want to thank everyone very much for all the good words, i just learned how to drag a knee a little over a year ago at the spring bash 2009, With the help of Tufbusa and this thread https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/twisties/103818-so-you-want-get-your-knee-down-eh.html

And now it is a major addiction of mine, I just want to keep learning how to do it better and smoother every time. So if you want to learn how to do it just read Tufbusa's thread and go to a nice clean parking lot and practice it over and over, or at the track and practice it, but when i am on the track i do it alot less because i am worried about going fast and not dragging a knee, and also i looked at pictures of people doing it and tried to copy the style of the ones that looked like they was doing it right, Anyway Thanks again to all i really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Lookin' good, Shane; as always! :beerchug:

Look forward to seein' those on the big silver screen in Reno...sometime mid-August...:whistle:

You comin'?
Thanks Scar
We would like to, but if we do it would be without the bikes, we are planning on going on a trip somewhere in Aug. but dont no where yet, I told Marie to check with travel agent tmw. and see what price we could come out there for.

Back