knee draggin

(yamahor @ Oct. 17 2006,21:30) Nope... No way, no how... impossible... can't be done... oh shid, yeah it can!!!
Linky to Me dragging!!!

And the attached image is VMAN1300!!!
that's 'cos Kev's the man!
bowdown.gif

Absolutely what everyone says. Many here drag knees. I feel the busa is WIDER than other bikes and requires more hang off but that just might be my style. Don't lean IT over, lean YOU over to avoid scraping peg feelers, cans, fairings, and tighten up the stock suspension

I've seen more random Hayabusa's at road course track days than I have ANY other big bike. Saw a 12R once... strapped in the back of a pickup... for sale

It is very easy to drag a knee on the Busa. The most important thing is hanging off or you WILL drag plastics etc.

A good set of rearsets helps alot. With my big feet I always drag my toes, even w/ my toes on the peg.

As long as the Busa is you need to counter steer quite a bit, don't try to pull it over.

Make sure you have good tires.

(CAT3 @ Oct. 17 2006,19:45) I havent dragged knee yet, but I dont often look to keep the bike more upright as I've practiced getting the bike leaned over to the max angle.  Stock suspension here as well.  I was catching crap daily from friends about the chicken strips, even as much as I described the difference in a longer wheelbase not needing to lean as much as the shorter ones do for the same speed and radius corners....so a week ago or so a few of hit the usual riding route and I stuck to my buddies tail like glue.  We got back to work the next day, and cool enough, he asked me how the heck I stuck with him in the corners? then he looked at the strips, they went down a little, but not much.  I explained thats how I know I can get low enough to keep up and still not scrub the sides.  My goal is to bead the tires edge though honestly.  I just need to keep my mind on the matter at hand...nothing like breaking your oncentratin and looking down at the road in a decreasing radius right hander to throw your buttcheeks clenching the seat while trying to get back into your lane.  

GL with the knee dragging.
Memorial Weekend was my first time ever riding deals gap.  It was never my intension to drag my knee, however, after riding it several times and getting the feel for it...  I "accidentally" drug my knee through one of the corners.  Now this would have been a good thing had I been in the appropriate attire for it .    
AAAssjani.gif
(Yes you live and learn from your mistakes.)

I dont try to keep up with the boys in the corners but I can damn sure get that busa down low enough to drag my knee if I chose too.  Other than the tail its all stock.
biggrin.gif

People think busas are so limited because of their size. F that! The busa has shown that it IS and all around bike. Wheelie, Knee drag, Drag and the occasional drifts.

Busa should be called "All around bike monster!"

guns.gif
super.gif

(chofromcalpoly @ Oct. 18 2006,09:59) People think busas are so limited because of their size. F that! The busa has shown that it IS and all around bike. Wheelie, Knee drag, Drag and the occasional drifts.

Busa should be called "All around bike monster!"

guns.gif

super.gif
+ 1

Almost down  
tounge.gif
 But you can see the busa is completely capable.

post-6-91193-buttonwillow_riverside2.jpg

post-6-91523-buttonwillow_sweeper3.jpg

My advice if you plan to hit the corners this aggressive is to replace the stock fork springs with a spring rated for your weight if you can't get the proper ride height from the stock springs. I weigh 165lbs and the stock springs where too soft.  Then set the bike's ride height.  You can set the bike's ride height per Jinkster Attacks Suspension sticky or take it to suspension gurus, they'll generally set ride height for $20 or something.

If you don't you run the risk of bottoming out your suspension(especially if you're a big dude) and/or scraping hard parts because you don't have enough ground clearance.

Hey, can I stick my picture in, too?  
laugh.gif

Stock suspension (a bit stiffer settings than recommended), and BT56 stockers, too.

(tinbender0 @ Oct. 18 2006,05:39) bring 'em on
lurk.gif
All right then...

Stock suspension, adjusted preloads/reb/comp settings w/Michelin pilot powers:

ryabusa7.jpg

ryabusa5.jpg

ryabusa3.jpg

This is what drags on the ground on the right side first!
Missile doesn't handle?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>yeah right!!!

palomar_gouges_2_2_06.jpg

Back