It's da KNEE..!!

Kaptain Kanji

Registered
I was out riding the twisties along the river tonight and as I often do, I commented to myself about how I really SUCKED at taking the curves. I got to thinking about all the pics I've seen on the .org here and I realized I wasn't sticking my KNEE out when I cornered.
I figured Aw what the hell, I'll just give it a try. Well, I was just blown away by how much easier and smoother I could corner with the knee stuck out. It's gonna take a lot of practice to get good at it, but at least I've got the idea now.!! :cheerleader:
And the icing on the cake is that it's FUN..!! :hello:

Don't forget to buy your knee pucks in bulk! You will start eating thru them faster than a fox in a hen house!

I'm still pretty new to the sportbike scene, but I think this vid helped me considerably.

Last edited by a moderator:
your a braver man than I... I try and keep the bike as strait up and down as possible if I'm not in leather. I find the thought of my knee cap being ground down a 1/4" absolutely terrifying.

I was wearing my kevlar jeans at the time, but I did take off the jean part so they didn't look so hot, but we're definitely still usable.

Very cool, keep at it. I'm still trying to get my chicken strips down. I'm at a little more than a 1/4 inch strip now. The little wobble is whats killing me. I need just a little more speed and should be good. Anyways keep at it. its alot of fun.

The little wobble is whats killing me. I need just a little more speed and should be good. Anyways keep at it. its alot of fun.

I've noticed on street tires, once they get squared off from all he strait up and down travel, that tip in can be a little unpleasant. Next time you have brand new tires give it try. After you've scuffed them up a little of course.

your a braver man than I... I try and keep the bike as strait up and down as possible if I'm not in leather. I find the thought of my knee cap being ground down a 1/4" absolutely terrifying.

You mean like this?
135017365-M.jpg

Back