Busas can't turn.

great pics guys!! keep em coming

Me at California Speedway AMA track a while back with the Busa.

Knee in the grass turn 3
ryabusa2.jpg

Double apex turns 5 and 6
ryabusa7.jpg

This is why Suzuki stop using them on the race circuits after a few trial years.
Actually, the AMA changed the Formula Xtreme rules to only allow up to a maximum of 1000cc displacement for inline fours (nowadays, it's only 650cc). Thus, making Rad Grieves "RadBusa" illegal for AMA racing, the only real reason why the Busa isn't used in AMA Superbike Competition.

great pics guys!! keep em coming

Me at California Speedway AMA track a while back with the Busa.

Knee in the grass turn 3
ryabusa2.jpg

Double apex turns 5 and 6
ryabusa7.jpg
Dayuuuum,   I had never seen your ole' Busa.  Too bad she's gone.  Pics look great, Ryan.  Best wishes and Merry Christmas.  DD
Merry Christmas to you too Vinny!!!

Yeah, only a select few got to see me riding the Busa before I switched over: Charles, Rich, Lamb and xzvs aka Mike.

hmm I thought the busa was off the race circuits due to engine size...

anyway, a couple real "Experts" comment that they can run faster on a smaller bike in a magazine article and it is amazing how many guys put themselves into that same group... I think I have met 1 or 2 of the real experts
lol1.gif

Just have them meet you at the racetrack...

You gotta watch all of Vmans vids....

funny that it is not a question of beating the busa at the racetrack.. it is a matter of keeping up (if those vids do not get you wanting a track day on the Busa, you must be dead)

It is basically the riders experience. If given the choice I would take my RC51 or my Wife's 600 RR for corner carving. I like dragging a knee on the Busa just because people think you can't do it. The Busa is a quite capable bike, but it is work compared to the lighter bikes that want to fall into the corners. It is by far the best all around bike I have ridden in 30 years.

Can anyone tell me why my post above came out with the text "Underlined"?

I tried to edit it out, but couldn't find a way to get rid of the Underlined text?

You know what. I just tell them no problem you'll beat me on the turn but that gust of wind you feel fly by you on the straight away was me. So I can turn off my bike and walk it around the corner and still smoke you and your 600.
firedevil.gif
beerchug.gif

To be honest I have never raced on a track so I really don't know what the hell I am talking about. It does make sense when these guys say lighter bikes make it around corners faster. But I yet t build the courage to scrape my knee on a turn so...
tounge.gif

The smaller bikes are more flickable and have the advantage in the tight stuff. But that doesn't mean the Busa is a straight line only bike.

it's a matter of simple physics as to whether a 600cc-1000cc bike can turn in sharper corners right. How come a modified Honda Goldwing set the record at Deals Gap for quickest bike.

Passing an R1 rider on the inside of turn 2 at the Spring Mountain Motorsports Park in Pahrump a couple of years ago:

2127thumbnail_ML_6944.JPG

Turn 4 on another day:

2127tiwaz-02.jpg

Right turn Clyde:

2127thumbnail_ML_7735.JPG

That help?
beerchug.gif

Back