Busa Can't Handle........

Everytime I read about this type of topic,I think of that one video of the guy who does the dragon on a Goldwing.

I get the biggest thrill when someone follows me off the track into the paddock, lifts his faceshield and says,"WOW, I thought that was a Hayabusa!" (this is not a statement of my skill, it refers to how capable the bike is mixin it up with the big boys, of course racers are faster....it's just that my Hayabusa has proved to be a wonderful track bike!)

I don't care what anyone says(nor should any of us), I just know the validity of my personal experience.
If someone passes my Busa, I know there're going REALLY fast!
Knowledgable motorcyclists know a Busa's capabilities....others, who cares?
Doyle

Exactly, well put!!

I get that all the time, im 23 and most guys my age tell me busa is great for speed and u cant turn for ****. But all I do is look at my tires and compare my chicken strips to theirs, when they see I dont have any and they do they shut up. And I have a good friend with an 08 like mine and if anyone said anything we would show them just how good busas turn. The main guys I ride with is 2 08 busas and 2 Zx14r, and so far we are right next to or faster in corners than any 600 that rides with us. So it all comes down to experience.

Here is Devils Highway AZ.

2009-08-01114020.jpg

And here is Santa Monica Mts CA.

SMMTS.jpg

Last edited:
Memorex, just to ease your fears,here is the view leading up to that apex.This corner has a great view of not only the following corner but the next one as well. Even in this pic it does not show how open the view is before commiting to your given line.A correction is always in the plan,if not needed,I try and hit my mark.:thumbsup:
I never commit to any line unless the way is clear.Pics are often hard to judge the real perspective.:beerchug:

dragon's tail-moonshine 016.jpg

I usually just smile and nod, say something like "Yeah I didn't know that when I bought her." or something like that.

Then we go to school. I might not beat them, but I will fill up their mirrors until they start making mistakes.

Apparently this bike is a Goldwing. :poke: Glad I haven't bought mine yet. I don't want a Goldwing. :whistle:[/QUOTE]

How dare you besmirch (I love that word) the mighty WING! :poke: Do a You Tube search and watch a yellow wing make little girls out of once proud sportbike riders on the dragon's tail.

As a proud Wing rider...BEHOLD:

wingturn1.jpg

wingturn3.jpg

wingturn2.jpg

So there!!:lol:

Apparently this bike is a Goldwing. :poke: Glad I haven't bought mine yet. I don't want a Goldwing. :whistle:

How dare you besmirch (I love that word) the mighty WING! :poke: Do a You Tube search and watch a yellow wing make little girls out of once proud sportbike riders on the dragon's tail.

As a proud Wing rider...BEHOLD:

wingturn1.jpg

wingturn3.jpg

wingturn2.jpg

So there!!:lol:[/QUOTE]

Thank you Gregbob :clap:
I love reading the stories of people who have been bested by "An old guy on a Bagger" or "A dog looking beast that scraped the chrome off while passing me"
Just goes to show that the rider is a very important piece to this puzzle.

Do not get me wrong, I love the Bus and smile hard every time I am low and fast through a curve, but I too get passed by many different types of bikes.

But I would like to believe that they are having as much fun as I am and at the next stop someone is going to be buying the other a beer and not arguing who had more fun, but rather learning more about the sport we all love, RIDING!
Bubba

Back