Handling compared to gsxr600 or 750??

Kat99

Registered
Ok ,we all know its the rider and not the bike. But, has anyone here riden a gsxr600 or 750?? How does the handling compare to the Busa?? I know you have to deal with the extra weight of the bike but what were your experiences in the corners?? I keep reading posts on other forums, the bike is realy hard to turn etc. and to be honest, when i had my Katana , which is around the same weight I had no problems with that thing in the Corners. I was already scraping the pegs after like 3 weeks with the stock tires.
Is the Busas handling really that bad or just squids hating on the bike?? haha.

Busa dont handle bad at all. There is a definate weight difference. But it is possible to run with the 6's and 750's in corners if you have the gonads. Not sayn you will be able to pass them, but definatly not lose them. I got both a 07 gsxr and busa. With the right suspension setup and tuning anything is posible with a busa.

it handles just fine, if you raise the rear 1/2 inch and put on some 190-55-17 tires it will handle even better....i have no trouble passing all of my friends in the twistys...gsxr's,R1.6's, zx's and cbr's alike

forgot one big difference you will find is the lean angle, the smaller bike have a much larger lean angle. Plus tire and break wear. Busa's if run as hard as the smaller bike will chew up the tires and breaks, weight and hp issue.

dolilind put it just right! I believe it handles great for a bike that heavy/big... You'd be surprised! Try test-riding one! would be the best way for your to judge for yourself. I know 2 guys who said its a tough bike to handle, majority and I say otherwise... You really need to try one to know one.

Dude if that your pic in your avatar you'll be able to flick the Busa all day. I rode a buddys Kawasaki 636 once and I could wait to get back on the Busa.

The biggest difference to me is the weight. It is work throwing the Busa around. My 600RR just falls into the corners.

The biggest difference to me is the weight. It is work throwing the Busa around. My 600RR just falls into the corners.

this is true, but with proper suspension setup and maybe a set of lift link, plus a 19-55 rear tire the busa will toss around real easy.

It took me years to get the set up right for me to surprise the other squids inthe corners. I will be the first to tell you that I will never be able to out ride my bike (01 Gen I). But steel braided brake lines and race pads do wonders for the brakes which are now a one finger pull. I have tried various profiles of tires and a lot of different compounds from many companys (metzler, pirelli, michelin, etc). For me the Battlax 016 offers the neutral handling manners, acceptable wear and all important grip levels that are needed to over take a Duc 1098 on the inside of the turn.:laugh: One of the most important things though is smoothing out power delivery through proper tuning to not upset the chasis rolling out of turns. Also my gonads are huge!:rofl:

Yes big gonads, gotta have them.. I purchases a set of them :) right there on the shelf between the asprin and new helmets. What kinda store do i go to.:rofl:

The deference is push or fall. I have both 05 busa and 06 gsxr 750 ,the busa can be made to do the same, but the 750 is just easier to flick ,not to mention stop, just depends on what kind or riding that you plan on doing most.

I've ridden my '04 Busa as well as Ninja 636's and 600's on the track. The smaller bikes feel like toys that you can flick into corners and shed speed much more quickly and effortlessly than on a Busa. But 600's won't stretch your arms accelerating on a straightaway. I'd like to try a liter bike to see if they offer the best of both worlds.

I think my gen II handles pretty well. My other bike is a k3 gsxr 1k and yes it is much more nimble than the busa but I don't really notice it until I start hitting curves in rapid succession and then it is probably more my limits than the bike's. IMO this is offset by the how incredibly smooth and stable the bike is at speed. 140 on the gixxer feels like 170 on the busa.

But to give my opinion on your question. I think the hating is just fanboys being fanboys.

Last edited:
anyone who says busas cant take a turn more then likely have never been on one or just use that as an excuse to cover why the rider cant take the turn. my last bike was a 600rr and i have ridin many gsxr600s. they just feel too small to me

Last edited:
I've seen some busa's set up like pigs and still handle ok. With the rear raised an inch and springs correct for the rider weight and the sag and damping set properly, it's a great handling bike. Change to SS lines and better pads and it definately feels good. I love the size and stability. I will say our 07 gsxr750 could stick with the busa anywhere and make if feel so easy it's almost intuitive as long as you keep the revs up. The best handling bike I've owned. But not at all comfortable for an old guy.

Back