Who has the lightest Busa...

Commuta_Busa , great infos , thanx for sharing
beerchug.gif

+1 on the Crash diet.....that would be cheaper than ANYTHING Ti or CF for a Busa!

hit the gym n leave the
lurk.gif
alone unless its plain n stay away from fast food...should be called Slow food cuz once it settles into your azz it makes ya anything BUT fast!

why spend $3k to shave like maybe 60lbs....gym membership only costs $30-50 per mo? 3 mo. of training n I can make anybody shave off 30+ lbs...but CF n Ti sure are purty
all_coholic.gif

(sageronin @ Feb. 07 2007,13:41) Yep ... see "Thor" on my website, and check out GrabnTwist's bike. I think if I changed to a Carbon Fiber body, I could make it to the same weight saving catagory as NickSlick and ClrwtrBusa (weight but not power). Like everyone has said though ... it cost a pretty penny ... for me the weight savings and suspension setup is worth every penny ... I love the twisties!!
I agree with you DJ and all the mods in the world are useless if you can't ride....I know when we were banging hard in the twisties in WV there was only one other bike in sight....you rode Thor exactly the way it was meant to be....:p  
beerchug.gif

You all forgot to take off the turn signals, rear tag + bracket..... It will also help in running from the cops long as you don't dump it....

I'm tending towards the 1000. As much as I love my Busa, the weight, wheelbase, and rake are just too many obstacles to overcome (unless I want to spend serious cash).

I've already lost about 70 pounds, so I'm doing my part.
smile.gif

That carbon fiber is seriously sweet. Think I could get ClrwaterBusa to loan me his bike?

if u want a light powerful bike. just get a 1000 man. U will forget u ever owned a busa . Trust me on this.

With all due respect to the 1300

(hionbusa @ Feb. 08 2007,15:21) if u want a light powerful bike. just get a 1000 man. U will forget u ever owned a busa . Trust me on this.

With all due respect to the 1300
+1

see my trackday thread in a day or so for proof. I'm just waiting on Brian to send me my photoCD.

ANYWAYZ...

Nobody mentioned VMAN!!! Didn't he get a few things like Marchesinis to lighten her up a bit. I believe she handles pretty nicely too.

I've seen Nickslicks bike in person. SWEET!!! All Carbonfiber bodywork, wheels, built motor, suspension, etc!! BTW-Look for us on the KOTS II video coming soon.

(Ruth|ess @ Feb. 07 2007,16:37) You all forgot to take off the turn signals, rear tag + bracket..... It will also help in running from the cops long as you don't dump it....
most of the race cf body work doesn't have provisions for those things so it's a given...

Also I'm not so sure about the gym thing... isn't muscle heavier than fat? Lean down don't bulk up...

I agree the bvery best approach to ridding faster is more seat time esp at the tracks...

Hel there are guys with goldwings that can put shame to some riders.

(gtrpimp76 @ Feb. 08 2007,02:55) ANYWAYZ...

Nobody mentioned VMAN!!! Didn't he get a few things like Marchesinis to lighten her up a bit. I believe she handles pretty nicely too.
The only lightening mods to mine have been the wheels and rotors.

I am seriously thinking about carbon body work with projection lighta, a la Nick.

(GPW @ Feb. 07 2007,18:26)
(sageronin @ Feb. 07 2007,13:41) Yep ... see "Thor" on my website, and check out GrabnTwist's bike. I think if I changed to a Carbon Fiber body, I could make it to the same weight saving catagory as NickSlick and ClrwtrBusa (weight but not power). Like everyone has said though ... it cost a pretty penny ... for me the weight savings and suspension setup is worth every penny ... I love the twisties!!
I agree with you DJ and all the mods in the world are useless if you can't ride....I know when we were banging hard in the twisties in WV there was only one other bike in sight....you rode Thor exactly the way it was meant to be....:p  
beerchug.gif
DJ can ride the hell outta that busa, nothing but respect for him... But I was the one in your rearview on 33 coming over the last (and best, my favorite) mountain range.
wink.gif

dave's carbon busa has like 500hp.
SHOCKED.gif
plus its LIGHT!!!!

dave's carbon busa has like 500hp.
SHOCKED.gif
plus its LIGHT!!!!

Lots of carbon and Titanium . I remember someone ALONG time ago listing all that he did and it was around 450lbs . Can't remember how much $$ but it was alot!

(yamahor @ Feb. 08 2007,08:57)
beerchug.gif
DJ can ride the hell outta that busa, nothing but respect for him... But I was the one in your rearview on 33 coming over the last (and best, my favorite) mountain range.
wink.gif
Oh yeah I almost forgot....maybe because you were so blurry in my rear view mirror......I remember very well nice riding through the tight stuff, I already gave you big cudo's for hauling aXX and being a large man at that...
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

(GPW @ Feb. 09 2007,09:26)
(yamahor @ Feb. 08 2007,08:57)
beerchug.gif
wink.gif
Oh yeah I almost forgot....maybe because you were so blurry in my rear view mirror......I remember very well nice riding through the tight stuff, I already gave you big cudo's for hauling aXX and being a large man at that...
beerchug.gif
Hey bro, you can ride the hell outta that 14 too. I was draggin knee on a couple corners keeping up with ya.

beerchug.gif

Back