Busa Can't Handle........

Yeah, I was talking to a guy at our shooting range and told him I rode a Hayabusa, and he said "those are great bikes if you want to go fast and in a straight line" After a little more conversation it was apparent that he had NEVER ridden a Hayabusa and probably never even seen one in real life.
I was polite and told him not to believe everything you hear and read about this bike, riding is the only way to really KNOW what they can do.
Bubba
That's because the people who have ridden one know better.:thumbsup:

I have heard this too! The busa is a straight line beast only! I had a guy follow me on a 01 1k with my g/f on the back on my 08 on a road that I know pretty well! He said something to the effect of " I didnt know that thing with a passenger on the back can go that fast in and out of corners with a passenger!" The comment then came" I didnt know you can ride a busa like that!"The busa in the right hands is a 7.5 maybe an 8 out of 10. When ridin hard to its stock limilts. The other 2 to 2.5 more means certain death after that...when using a 600 or 750 (Being ridin at a 10 pace) for a handling bench mark! I know this for a fact on the Dragon!

Picture69.png

Yeah right!!!

Seriously Im sick and tired of having this conversation with people!! Last night I was talking to a guy that had a lowered, stretched 600 that looked and sounded anemic at best. Told him I sold my Kat for the Busa.

" Well, its great if you just want to go straight" ,

Almost punched him in the mouth. How dare he backtalk the mighty BUSA!! heh.

Seriously, The Katana I had was almostthe same weight and I could scrape the pegs on that thing, I imagine the BUSA would only be even more amazing!!

Oh yeah and it handles " like a boat" apparently.

what, and a lowered stretched 600 is supposed to be for pegs scraping, plus why would you lower and stretch a 600 ???

I used to run top end races out this way. My bike was lowered, stretched 9" with bolt on extensions, Yosh TRS Full System, with Shinko 005's. I was cured of that schit when the rear started getting squirly at 150mph in a curve.

Almost messed my britches:laugh:

Busa can turn with any bike out there - Not as "flickable" as lighter bikes. But aren't most roads basically straight with curves. Not curves with straight sections. Even in the mountains except for steep grade with switchbacks - roads are more or less straight. So -even given that a 600 cc may be more "flickable" side to side the busa will destroy a 600cc on any road assuming equal riders. At the race track most passing is done coming out of curves. Good position and set up then brute speed coming into the straight. My two cents...

A Busa can turn, it's the RIDER's that can't. :whistle:

There was a guy we(Myself and NavyLucky78) went riding with on his R6. Talking about "It's the rider not the ride." He swore he could take us in the twisties. When we got through the other end we had to stop and wait for him to catch up.:laugh:

There is much more to performance cornering than the angle of lean at the apex. And yes, your busa will actually lean until the plastics drag on nothing more than street tires which seems to impress the daylights out of some. Dragging the plastic should give the YEA sayers reason to take notice. When the body works drag before a street tire gives up grip, you have serious cornering problems if you are challenging the busa's smaller brethern as it seems some of you do. The point most of you are missing is the smaller bikes are so much better at corner entries and exits that the poor old fat chick don't stand much of a chance. But she is fun and that's all that matters.

Yes, your busa corners just fine! For a fat girl. And yes, a busa in skilled hands can spank the pooper on most real cornering bikes in the hands of the everyday street guy.

Have fun and enjoy the ride. Just be careful as to whom you challenge on a twisty ride and don't place any bets you can't afford to loose! :cheerleader:

It's lonely being the only voice on the oposing side of a debate! So many of you and so few of me! :laugh:

Steven, quit :banghead::banghead: yer head...they just don't get it. To be proud of draggin' your plastics, just shows how much that they don't have a clue of how soon they are going to be on their head :(

This is a Busa board and it is a great machine, but too many yahoos out there that can twist a throttle, but can not straighten out a road...(find the line) :rulez:

I for one, never said anything about draggin plastics, and being proud of it. So what part don't I get again?

There is much more to performance cornering than the angle of lean at the apex. And yes, your busa will actually lean until the plastics drag on nothing more than street tires which seems to impress the daylights out of some. Dragging the plastic should give the YEA sayers reason to take notice. When the body works drag before a street tire gives up grip, you have serious cornering problems if you are challenging the busa's smaller brethern as it seems some of you do. The point most of you are missing is the smaller bikes are so much better at corner entries and exits that the poor old fat chick don't stand much of a chance. But she is fun and that's all that matters.

Yes, your busa corners just fine! For a fat girl. And yes, a busa in skilled hands can spank the pooper on most real cornering bikes in the hands of the everyday street guy.

Have fun and enjoy the ride. Just be careful as to whom you challenge on a twisty ride and don't place any bets you can't afford to loose! :cheerleader:

It's lonely being the only voice on the oposing side of a debate! So many of you and so few of me! :laugh:

I think the issue is what you are comaring the Busa not handling to is like comparing a Corvette to an F1 car. True, the Corvette doesn't handle in that comparison, but I'd still drive the wheels off it. Most of the time we are hearing it from people who can't ride up to the level of the bike and are just hating.

I had a guy with a ninja giving me crap at the Dragon because I was riding a Busa and they can't handle the dragon. The only reason I didn't spank him was his chicken strips were an inch and a half wide and I didn't want to push him into hurting himself.

Steven, quit :banghead::banghead: yer head...they just don't get it. To be proud of draggin' your plastics, just shows how much that they don't have a clue of how soon they are going to be on their head :(

This is a Busa board and it is a great machine, but too many yahoos out there that can twist a throttle, but can not straighten out a road...(find the line) :rulez:

Dragging hard parts is always a bad thing. Suspension setup and riding form need some attention if that is happening.

You are absolutely correct Dennis. The busa handles just fine for what it is. In my view, it handles much better than the ZX14 which is it's only real competition. And,,,,,,,,,,,, it's just as much fun on the twisty back roads as any of its more nimble kin.

You are a wise man not to get into any competition match on the streets. It's way to easy for someone to end up in intensive care or worse.

Dragging hard parts is always a bad thing. Suspension setup and riding form need some attention if that is happening.

The real problem is the busa drags hard parts long before it runs out of grip.

Giving the busa credit where credit is due, the busa does a superb job at cornering for being handicapped with a girth the size of Rossi Odonald.

Giving the busa credit where credit is due, the busa does a superb job at cornering for being handicapped with a girth the size of Rossi Odonald.

I'll have to take your word for it. I've neither run out of grip or drug hard parts.

Valentino Rossi McOdonald Duck?

Rosie O'donnell?

Apparently this bike is a Goldwing. :poke: Glad I haven't bought mine yet. I don't want a Goldwing. :whistle:

I used to say the same thing until I put 30 minutes on a 'Busa, and I shut my mouth after that. You can't knock it til you try it........most of those guys are probably just too scared to put their cheeks on a machine with that much power.....:moon:

Back