Busas can't turn.

Can anyone tell me why my post above came out with the text "Underlined"?

I tried to edit it out, but couldn't find a way to get rid of the Underlined text?
Because you've got the text and pics embedded as url's instead of img's. Try it like this. Hit the quote button to see what's changed:

Got this at deals gap this year

Dealsgap2007028Small.jpg
Great photo of dragging body parts, which is the exact reason why the busa is no competition for it's smaller brethern. While I'll be the first to boast the busa as being the best all around bike on the market, by design, it's just way too big and bulky to be a fast track/corner bike.

I've enjoyed lots of fun days on a busa on twisty roads as well as track. Is the busa fun "Hell Yeah"! Is it quick "Hell Yeah"! Is it FAST "Not nearly as fast as a SS bike"!

I have them both and as of yet, I have not found a busa I could not pass on most any corner I choose.

Busa08018.jpg

Send some of these squids myway. I will embarras them on my Vmax. Which is a heavy non-handling slug, I still can make it turn and burn.

it's a matter of simple physics as to whether a 600cc-1000cc bike can turn in sharper corners right. How come a modified Honda Goldwing set the record at Deals Gap for quickest bike.
From what I understand...Yellow Wolf did a Iron Butt ride on nothing but the Gap....CROT to overlook and back for 1000 miles in 24 hours.

The Gap record is shrouded in rumors and he did its, no he is the one...

If I had to pick one guy....I have only met him once so I cannot remember the name but he goes by Gap Jedi on East Tn Riders. Well anudder is Tyler....

Heck there are many locals that will smoke me on that road.

I heard the Iron butt thing before but it would require a 41 mph average for all 24 hours...

Taking into account no less than 5 fuel stops and at least 1 pee stop and turn around time, you are going to lose at least an hour making the averagle 43 mph.

Is that even possible?

I heard the Iron butt thing before but it would require a 41 mph average for all 24 hours...

Taking into account no less than 5 fuel stops and at least 1 pee stop and turn around time, you are going to lose at least an hour making the averagle 43 mph.

Is that even possible?
The Iron Butt guys would not honor his ride due to excessive speed. TN side of the Gap is 35mph.

Just like them not honoring Aaron Franks ride a few years back, but that is another story....

When I last read the rules, they excluded a ride like that (A to B/ B to A repeatedly)..

sort of out of the spirit of the award I guess. I was just wondering if it was possible to maintain that average over that long... (and no tickets
smile.gif
)

Is that even possible?
The Iron Butt guys would not honor his ride due to excessive speed. TN side of the Gap is 35mph.

Just like them not honoring Aaron Franks ride a few years back, but that is another story....
Hey Kevin, I'm quite sure the speed limit is 30 MPH from Cheoah Dam (NC)to Tabcat Creek (TN).

From tailofthedragon.com

SPEED LIMITS:
Prior to 1992 the speed limit in both Tennessee and North Carolina was 55 mph. In 1993 the speed limit on the Tennessee side was lowered to 40 mph. In 2002 the speed limit was lowered to 30 mph, which is still in effect today. The North Carolina portion of the Dragon was lowered to 30 mph in early 2005..

Hey Kevin, I'm quite sure the speed limit is 30 MPH from Cheoah Dam (NC)to Tabcat Creek (TN).

From tailofthedragon.com

SPEED LIMITS:
Prior to 1992 the speed limit in both Tennessee and North Carolina was 55 mph. In 1993 the speed limit on the Tennessee side was lowered to 40 mph. In 2002 the speed limit was lowered to 30 mph, which is still in effect today. The North Carolina portion of the Dragon was lowered to 30 mph in early 2005..
My mistake...I thought is was still 40 on the NC side and 35 on the TN side.

Maybe I need to pay more attention to the speed limit signs. I thought there were for a suggested speed anyway.....

It is basically the riders experience. If given the choice I would take my RC51 or my Wife's 600 RR for corner carving. I like dragging a knee on the Busa just because people think you can't do it. The Busa is a quite capable bike, but it is work compared to the lighter bikes that want to fall into the corners. It is by far the best all around bike I have ridden in 30 years.
man i love hearing that, being that the busa is my first "sport bike".

My 04 Was my first bike, learned alot on her, then after she got stolen i was riding my buddies 07 ZX10r.. WEll i tended to be more confident inpushing the envelope on that one a lil further and further after every ride till i was leaning quite a bit more than i ever had in my life.. Now that i'm back on a busa i feel i'm more capable than i used to be w/ the exp. gained on the smaller/lighter bike.. Can the busa be as fast.. i believe so.. can it w/ me on it..probably not.. i would rather ride at 5/10th's rather than 9/10th's w/ the chance of losing my bike do to inexp... even more so my life.. I plan on getting professional instruction for track day's and such to bring my level up to where i'm comfortable.. until i'm ready to goto the next level.. Kick ass photo's guy's!!!
smile.gif
lurk.gif

Got this at deals gap this year
Dealsgap2007028Small.jpg

Lemme guess, bike is lowered, at least in the front?
Nope. That is at stock ride height.
Lamb did that also.  Not anymore though with a spring change to .95 in the front.  It soaks up the bumps much better.  Might try to turn the spring a turn or turn 1/2 on the rear preload.  Boosts the rear spring rate just a  tad and it won't bottom out as easily.  That is where the front half of the scrape comes from.  Cool scrape though,  way to get that sucker down and dirty.

Sure its heavy and tends to push (in my experience) But if you get the set up sorted out and get stiffer springs, maybe raise the rear a tad( thats what I did) You'll put the FEAR into any 600 or 1000cc rider...you may not be able to enter the turn as fast as them but you can toast them coming out of it..thats just my opinion. I've schooled a few smaller bike riders simply cuz the BUSA forces you to be smooth and think about what your doing.

Back