Busa Hauler / Barber Track Day

beerchug.gif

Will do. Maybe He'll show up at Bash with his buddy Jack...Daniels. No, that wouldn't be good. We'd be banned for life!
Oh come'on....

How much trouble could Hank possibly get into in Robbinsville NC after dark?
Randy would rather see that dude from Kentucky...Jim Beam
laugh.gif
Why Don....... Whatevah Do You Mean?
all_coholic.gif

*done in my best Val Kilmer / Doc Holiday from Tombstone voice*

Will do. Maybe He'll show up at Bash with his buddy Jack...Daniels. No, that wouldn't be good. We'd be banned for life!
Oh come'on....

How much trouble could Hank possibly get into in Robbinsville NC after dark?
Nothing a few bucks for bail can't straighten out!
laugh.gif

Gotta be on my toes around these folk. A few jacks and I'll never find my "R's"
I still have visions of Ozzy walking in the "ring of humiliation" at lower pit last year. He never knew what hit him!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Very cool!!  
cool.gif

Trackdays rule!!

I hope to be all the way out there(Barber) next year  
winkold.gif
If you come this way sir I would love to meet you there!

Give me some advance notice so I can carve out the time!
There'll be plenty of warning for all of you Hayabusa.orgers
coolold.gif

As soon as '09 schedules are posted(normally december), dates will be selected. I have to try and match my vacation leave, which is bid in Sep/Oct/Nov, with those dates. Hopefully I can pick the right ones. I'll be using the '07 and '08 schedules as a guide.

If me, BA BUSA, Lambbusa, and gtrpimp76 all make the trip, ALL of you East coasters better be there as we're coming from the west coast
winkold.gif

winkold.gif

super.gif
PM -->
Charlesbusa @ Mar. 19 2008 said:
1342092[/ATTACH] PM]
Very cool!!  
cool.gif

Trackdays rule!!

winkold.gif

coolold.gif

As soon as '09 schedules are posted(normally december), dates will be selected.  I have to try and match my vacation leave, which is bid in Sep/Oct/Nov, with those dates.  Hopefully I can pick the right ones.  I'll be using the '07 and '08 schedules as a guide.

If me, BA BUSA, Lambbusa, and gtrpimp76 all make the trip, ALL of you East coasters better be there as we're coming from the west coast  
winkold.gif
Done deal here!

What track group do you join?
What class do you run in (Advanced I'm sure....)

I know Jet Li and I will do it!
Gerogia Busa NEEDs to as well!

Maybe we could get some Busas to fill part of a category at a Barber  Track Day!!!
THAT would be awesome!
clap.gif

A two day-er and campout in the paddock
egitarre77.gif

super.gif

winkold.gif

super.gif
PM -->
Charlesbusa @ Mar. 19 2008 said:
1342168[/ATTACH] PM]
Very cool!!  
cool.gif

Trackdays rule!!

winkold.gif

coolold.gif

As soon as '09 schedules are posted(normally december), dates will be selected.  I have to try and match my vacation leave, which is bid in Sep/Oct/Nov, with those dates.  Hopefully I can pick the right ones.  I'll be using the '07 and '08 schedules as a guide.

winkold.gif
Done deal here!

What track group do you join?
What class do you run in (Advanced I'm sure....)

I know Jet Li and I will do it!
Gerogia Busa NEEDs to as well!

Maybe we could get some Busas to fill part of a category at a Barber  Track Day!!!
THAT would be awesome!
clap.gif

A two day-er and campout in the paddock
egitarre77.gif
Which trackday group depends on which dates we go for/can get vacation for.

I would probably go for intermiedate since I have never seen the track.

It would be awesome to have tons and tons of Busas  
thumb_up.gif

super.gif

winkold.gif

First off, I wanna say "I AM JEALOUS". Secondly, where can i find a woman to help me with anything to do with my Busa? Thirdly, love the vid., but cant tell what kinda bikes you are passin. I kept yellin at my monitor "pass him!!!" and "dont let him pass you, smoke him". I get all ramped-up watchin this stuff. I hope to ba able to go there and do that someday.

Id like to know more about your helmet rack also. What did you use to mount it to the wall? Where did you get the material to finish the walls and the floor? Im about to start finishing my trailer as well. Yours really looks good.

Very cool!!  
cool.gif

Trackdays rule!!

winkold.gif

coolold.gif

winkold.gif
whistling.gif

I can't wait! Us westcoasters need to start figuring this thing out. Birmingham ain't no hop, skip, and jump away.
winkold.gif

Everytime i watch the Barber onboards, I can't help but to drool even more. You guys that live near that track are VERY FORTUNATE.

winkold.gif

winkold.gif

Thirdly, love the vid., but cant tell what kinda bikes you are passin. I kept yellin at my monitor "pass him!!!" and "dont let him pass you, smoke him". I get all ramped-up watchin this stuff. I hope to ba able to go there and do that someday.
I mounted the camera so that I could film the friends that went with me. It was their first time at a track and I kept having to remind myself that I needed to tone it down and get footage of them! I wanted them to see how they rode for educational / entertainment purposes.

Also, in the group that I was in there were some pretty clear rules that a) you could only pass on the outside (some of us violated that one
whistling.gif
) My buddy on the blue YZF600R and blue leathers made a bold move to my inside at turn 1 near the end of one of the You Tube vids and I can PROMISE you that one is posted on their board! 2) could not get closer than 3' to another bike and c) you could only pass instructors on the left.

Most of the bikes out there were 600s and GSXR750s and there were three or four Ducs.

Without a windscreen and with that camera mounted it was kinda awkward goig round the track but hey, we got some good footage and the long versions have been playing on our company computers 24-7 since we got back!

Id like to know more about your helmet rack also.  What did you use to mount it to the wall?  Where did you get the material to finish the walls and the floor?  Im about to start finishing my trailer as well.  Yours really looks good.
The flooring is heavy duty vinyl floor covering made by Mannington. I have a friend who works in that industry and got it for me 'at cost'. Home Depot and Lowes have Armstrong brand in that pattern too. You kinda have buy locally because shipping is oppressive with such large heavy items. Glue down was straight forward.

The walls are 3/8" plywood, I ordered the trailer that way. Wife and I painted them gloss white and caulked the joints and seams.

Helmet racks are schedule 40, 3/4" PVC (I am a native of Alabama and with PVC and duct tape - also known as Alabama Chrome, we can do nearly anything) painted black and cushioned with regular, tubular PVC pipe insulation. Zip ties hold the cushions on. They are pretty strong and did fine supporting one and two piece suits on our trip.

The wall mounts are brackets that can be found in the electrical section at Home Depot or Lowes. They are made to fasten electrical conduit to walls. I think they are 1" but if you make any of this just take a section of the pipe over to the electrical dept and size the brackets manually.

Shoot me a PM if you need anything more specific and I'll shoot you my cell number and I'll help in any way that I can!
thumb_up.gif

We are finishing the ramp door now. Using spray in bed liner and more diamond plate there. I'll post up some pics when we finish that part out.

I am contemplating making a rack that will hold a mattress flush to the roof of the interior of the trailer. That position will allow that bikes and gear can be hauled to the track / rally. And once there I can remove the wheel chocks and lower the mattress to the floor, hook up some fans and actually sleep inside of it! At 7X12 its plenty big enough for that and then I dont have to pay for a hotel - Barber Motorsports Park has showers and restroom facilities on site so all I need is the sleep spot!

Id like to know more about your helmet rack also.  What did you use to mount it to the wall?  Where did you get the material to finish the walls and the floor?  Im about to start finishing my trailer as well.  Yours really looks good.
The flooring is heavy duty vinyl floor covering made by Mannington. I have a friend who works in that industry and got it for me 'at cost'. Home Depot and Lowes have Armstrong brand in that pattern too. You kinda have buy locally because shipping is oppressive with such large heavy items. Glue down was straight forward.

The walls are 3/8" plywood, I ordered the trailer that way. Wife and I painted them gloss white and caulked the joints and seams.

Helmet racks are schedule 40, 3/4" PVC (I am a native of Alabama and with PVC and duct tape - also known as Alabama Chrome, we can do nearly anything) painted black and cushioned with regular, tubular PVC pipe insulation. Zip ties hold the cushions on. They are pretty strong and did fine supporting one and two piece suits on our trip.

The wall mounts are brackets that can be found in the electrical section at Home Depot or Lowes. They are made to fasten electrical conduit to walls. I think they are 1" but if you make any of this just take a section of the pipe over to the electrical dept and size the brackets manually.

Shoot me a PM if you need anything more specific and I'll shoot you my cell number and I'll help in any way that I can!
thumb_up.gif

We are finishing the ramp door now. Using spray in bed liner and more diamond plate there. I'll post up some pics when we finish that part out.

I am contemplating making a rack that will hold a mattress flush to the roof of the interior of the trailer. That position will allow that bikes and gear can be hauled to the track / rally. And once there I can remove the wheel chocks and lower the mattress to the floor, hook up some fans and actually sleep inside of it! At 7X12 its plenty big enough for that and then I dont have to pay for a hotel - Barber Motorsports Park has showers and restroom facilities on site so all I need is the sleep spot!
Check out the folding beds at www.blazinbelltech.com

Dang it Hal!

You HAVE to stop all this, pointing out neat stuff..... stuff!

Folding beds even!
Quick, someone distract the wife!
whistling.gif

Dang it Hal!

You HAVE to stop all this, pointing out neat stuff..... stuff!

Folding beds even!
Quick, someone distract the wife!
whistling.gif
I'm sorry! The bunk beds are kind of cool though, and with rooms at $50 - $100 a night, wouldn't take long to get a payback on the bunk beds. I think it's time for me to order them as my wife just took me up to look at a $10,000 embroidery machine!
winkold.gif

Back