Barber track day nov 11th

If anyone wants to get in another weekend at Barber there is alo a weekend at the end of October with Sportbike Track Time.

What is involved in getting a streetbike ready for a track day? What is required? Does it have to be wired? Glass removed? Are leathers required or will my nylon Joe Rocket stuff work?

depends on the organization sponsoring the track day and which level you would be riding in to determine specific rules...each organization has the rules on their respective sites...

(MX Tuner @ Sep. 24 2006,16:flamethrowing:) What is involved in getting a streetbike ready for a track day? What is required? Does it have to be wired? Glass removed? Are leathers required or will my nylon Joe Rocket stuff work?
It was great meeting you this weekend.

For Nesba its rather simple.

Beginner and Intermediate:

tape headlight, tail light and signals
unplug head and tail light
remove mirrors
and other than a general saftey inspection, tires, brakes, bodywork, thats it and you are ready to roll.

Advanced:

Must saftey wire and a coolant change

As for gear, I do believe textile can be used with a 360 degree zipper. Check Nesba to be sure.

Hope to see you there.

It was good to finally put some faces with the names. I was worried about the "man love" thing. We're definitely wanting to do the spring fling also.

We'll have to see abut the track day. I need some instruction of some type, no doubt.

It looks like Beginner and Intermediate are full as of today.

I hope those that wanted to go got signed up.

*update*

I had to cancel this track day due to a little unplanned expense courtsey to BMW certifed pre owned program.

To those that are going, if any, have a great time and I will see you on the track soon.

(vman1300 @ Nov. 03 2006,15:02) *update*

I had to cancel this track day due to a little unplanned expense courtsey to BMW certifed pre owned program.

To those that are going, if any, have a great time and I will see you on the track soon.
was looking forward to meeting you, but it looks like the weather may not be the best anyways!! Hope the unplanned expense is not too bad on the wallet!!
sad.gif

(05bulldog @ Nov. 03 2006,16:39) was looking forward to meeting you, but it looks like the weather may not be the best anyways!!  Hope the unplanned expense is not too bad on the wallet!!  
sad.gif
It was just something unplanned and I have had ALOT of that lately:

2nd gear failure on the Busa+ upgrades

riding mower replacement

and now wifes BMW started leaking oil, item not covered under warranty.

Savings was getting low and our slow season is here.

I will be at Barber the 1st track day for 07!

I will be with all my friends there in my mind, I do wanna go but priorities 1st.

Back