Barber track day nov 11th

vman1300

Never Forgotten
Ladies and gentlemen that time is again.

Track hooligans unite to ride our machines 1 last time for the 2006 season.

NESBA is holding a 2 day weekend at Barber Motorsports Park. Cost is $195 plus $75 for a one year NESBA membership.

Barber Motorsport Park

I am signed up for Saturday as of now and I may sign up for Sunday as well.

I know there are quite a few people that would love to go to a track day, here is your chance to improve your street skills safely.

NESBA will allow you to ride for free the 1st two sessions of the day in the Intro group.

To find out more about NESBA, visit NESBA

I hope to see some of you hooligans in November!

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153504849 -->

Track map

BarbersMotorsportsParkMap85.jpg

Kevin,
I've got a Keith Code 3 day thing planned next year at Barber, but I wouldn't mind taking a sneak peek. Heh heh.

Let me butter up the wifey this weekend. I'd like to go. Would Chris/Reed go?

Kevin,
I've got a Keith Code 3 day thing planned next year at Barber, but I wouldn't mind taking a sneak peek.  Heh heh.

Let me butter up the wifey this weekend.  I'd like to go.  Would Chris/Reed go?
Chris is going. He is already signed up.

As of right now there are several of my friends from the R1-Forum going:

Chad R6 Advanced
Doug R6 Intermediate
Bill R6 I
Justin R6 I
James R6 I
Randy R6 B
Dan ZX6 I
Scott ZX10 I

Plus a couple of others I do not know their name. At Road Atlanta in April we had over 35 guys from the R1-Forum there.

It is a great bunch of guys to hang with.

My wife is planning on makijng this trip for the museum on Sunday.

Wish I could go . . . . . I'm sure you all will have a great time.

As of right now there are several of my friends from the R1-Forum going:

Chad R6 Advanced
Doug R6 Intermediate
Bill R6 I
Justin R6 I
James R6 I
Randy R6 B
Dan ZX6 I
Scott ZX10 I

So did everyone get tired of the R1?

I'm going & bringing the mighty busa!!!!!!! it will be nice to ride there insted of working with an AMA team like the past 3 times I've been there

I am thinking of doing the intro group...just to get the taste of track days...I hang out with a bunch of guys who do track days there and at the Talladega GP track.
smile.gif

I am thinking of doing the intro group...just to get the taste of track days...I hang out with a bunch of guys who do track days there and at the Talladega GP track.  
smile.gif
That will be awsome. I am here to tell you, once you experience the track, you will be hooked.

I just about signrd up for the intro group on my 1st track day, I am sure glad I didnt, two sessions would not have been enough.

PM Juggler about his 1st track day this month, I couldnt knock the grin off his face with a 2 x 4...........

laugh.gif
I bet...one of the guys I ride a lot with did his first day early this month at Talladega and did have a great time...but the heat was another thing!! SUX in July around here!! In November it will be much cooler (at least not 100+ !!) I am excited about trying it so I will literally be happy just getting those two sessions for now. Then get myself pysched up for riding more on the track next year. Plus it will give me time to save up for track type things.

laugh.gif
 I bet...one of the guys I ride a lot with did his first day early this month at Talladega and did have a great time...but the heat was another thing!!  SUX in July around here!! In November it will be much cooler (at least not 100+ !!)  I am excited about trying it so I will literally be happy just getting those two sessions for now.  Then get myself pysched up for riding more on the track next year.  Plus it will give me time to save up for track type things.

See you in November!

I am signed up for the 11th...INTRO group though. I am sure I will hang around the rest of the day, but just to hang around!!
tounge.gif
LOL!

Vman, I got this off the East Tn Riders forum today.  Interesting.  I also spoke with a friend.  He and his son were there said the guy got stood up by another rider coming into a curve too hot, went down and he and his bike went into the guardrail. His only complaint was a broken wrist at the time. No idea what happened after he left the track. That seems to be the investigations interest. Maybe more info will be forthcoming.

Dan

Police Investigate Fatal Crash At BarberMotorsportsPark

POSTED: 6:04 pm CDTJuly 26, 2006
UPDATED: 7:15 pm CDTJuly 26, 2006

LEEDS, Ala. -- A crash at BarberMotorsportsPark is under investigation.

Shelly Gruber, 29, of Lithonia, Georgia, died Tuesday, two days after the motorcycle he was driving crashed at BarberMotorsportsPark.

Gruber was on a day trip to the park, offered by Sportbike Tracktime, which allows you to ride your motorcycle around the track. The company bills itself as providing the thrill of riding on a racetrack: no cars, signals, driveways, cops, gravel, double yellow lines or other distractions. It states it provides the pure joy of riding in a safe and controlled environment.

Vice president and owner of Sportbike Tracktime, Monte Lutz, told NBC 13 that they’re “one of many motorcycle riding and track day companies,†and said that Gruber was an experienced driver. He also said that the weather was not a contributing factor in the crash because it was sunny and beautiful out.

He said that because the accident is still under investigation, and because his insurance company and BarberMotorsportsPark told him not to comment on the incident, he’s limited in what he can share.

“I can’t tell you anything, but it’s bizarre, let’s put it that way. I can’t say anything more than that. Just wait until there’s a public investigation. We just can’t say anything about it,†said Lutz.

BarberMotorsportsPark said there was a crash, but wouldn’t comment further.
___

<!--EDIT|TennBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154134406 -->

Kev, the only comment from the friend of mine that was there was that he was an Advanced class rider. The ETR forum incorrectly identified him as intermediate. As an advanced rider, there would not have been the restrictions on passing on the inside of a turn.

Dan

damn. Barber is 2130 miles away from me or a 30 hour trip. I would have to take a whole week off. Wish I could go. That's one of the tracks in America I've been wanting to try. Especially after seeing the AMA guys run it.

Back