Barber Track day invite

BlondeOnaBusa

Just call me B.O.B
Registered
A few board members will be @ Barber this weekend for a track day. If your close and have noting better to do y'all should come out for a visit!

Keith, you will be missed my friend!

I'll miss you guys too! I rode my Gixxer to work in your honor today!!!

Why are you still posting and not on the ROAD!

UPS tracking says your heat shield material should be there today...

Why are you still posting and not on the ROAD!

UPS tracking says your heat shield material should be there today...

We are about to hit the dusty trail. can't check in till 2 anyway.

Thanks Keith...your the best!!

I wish, parents are coming next weekend and I don't have a pay day again until the weekend after so I am gonna have to pass on this one. Next go around I would love to!

Planing on making it to 1 by the end of the summer with yall for sure, When are yall going again? Need to know at least a month ahead of time so the GF can get off work.

Planing on making it to 1 by the end of the summer with yall for sure, When are yall going again? Need to know at least a month ahead of time so the GF can get off work.

It will probably be in Oct. I'll be sure to let ya know.

I wish we could make it down... I'm working all weekend. Have fun! :thumbsup:

So...Dawn....when do we disclose the massive FAIL associated with this thread.....

If nothing comes up Busabret and I are gonna ride down Sunday and hang out for a little while.

If nothing comes up Busabret and I are gonna ride down Sunday and hang out for a little while.

Sunday would be too late; this is a FRI/SAT Event (and explains the massive FAIL mentioned above.....)

Sunday would be too late; this is a FRI/SAT Event (and explains the massive FAIL mentioned above.....)

Ummm.........I think something just came up for Sunday.:whistle: How long will it last today? Or should I say how long will some of you be there?

Take lots of pics. We tried to make it since you told us. We just couldn't get our **** together. Have a great time... :thumbsup::cheerleader::bowdown:

I would love to see you out spanking that track warbird!

FAIL?
Ok, ok.... It was a two day event, like all track days.... May 7th and 8th... $425.00 mandatory that you buy BOTH days...

Three of us registered, none of us LOOKED AT THE CALENDAR!

As always, I left the day before, got there in time to register and get my favorite paddock spot. While lounging at the room, 09Busadrvr (Adam) knocks on the door and comes in to visit. He starts talking about track time, 'A' guys running in 'N'... I asked him how the he** did you get on the track on a Friday... Friday, the day I used for travel, was... the 7th. It was a Friday / Saturday track day. I literally almost puked I was so mad at myself...

Had one day for $425. I dont know how to explain it but my head was not in the game, I was sloppy, not smooth, just not riding all that well. Ran ok the first two sessions, set a personal best lap time then survived a 93mph highside. Bike did not go down but my mojo went out the window (and a change of the knickers was in order) and I got REAL careful the rest of the day and did not progress any further. The thought of getting bucked off at that speed resulted in me just running laps and playing with slower folks for the rest of the EXPENSIVE day, not sure this is the case but if I had not raised my butt off of the saddle when it stepped out and if I had not been on that ooooeee goooeee race rubber, I'd have probably landed in the top of a tree on the back stretch...

Ian, Redline Stands guru, came out to see us but we were loading up just as he arrived. Did not get to socialize much, I was kinda ready to get back home and reset the ole biorhythms. Ian, sorry I had to go so early but I do hope you got a taste of the event and hit the museum before you left!

Fail indeed!

Last edited:
Well...ok, half-fail then :laugh:

The good news is you survived the potential highside...the best learning lesson is the one that YOU DON'T CRASH TO LEARN (unlike me who is now 2 for 2)....

Great to talk to you yesterday Randy. OCTOBER; BARBER; Be there or be square, Aloha...

Back