Barber Track Question

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone ever taken an RV to camp at Barber for a weekend of track time? Barber has been no help at all. They won't return calls or emails. Any info would be appreciated. I'm in for June 26 / 27 novice class.

If Randy does not see this, send a note to LABusa, he is a regular out there.

Randy can give you best info, but yes, they have RV hookups with power (but it's NOT FREE)...or you can park your RV out in the lot and run off generator (most of the day).

It's no problem at all. You can setup up right in the pits, they have full rest rooms with showers. They have RV power outlets as well, for an additoinal price, you might be able to split the cost with the person next to you. I think that's $25/day as well. You will have to pay for a camping pass, I think it's like $10 a night. The wrist band allows you to come and go, so you can go out after hours and grab a bite to eat.

The pit area has like three levels, all paved and the bath house is on the 2nd level.

It's a great place, the setup is excellent, you will be hooked...

I have been known to sleep in my enclosed trailer.

I liked to pit right next to the track on the lower level, except in the morning it's a long walk to the bathrooms... It's only a long walk because I had to pee like a race horse.

DSC05720.jpg

went to barber with the Pridmore team--it is an awesome track--hope you get good weather--i went in july--no rain--blistering sun--lost ten pounds in two days and worth every minute--drink lots and lots of water---

I liked to pit right next to the track on the lower level, except in the morning it's a long walk to the bathrooms... It's only a long walk because I had to pee like a race horse.

DSC05720.jpg

Powers, we are all set up about 100 ft down the back of this pic we like the fence too!

The second level, the only other one available other than the fence along the 'mechanics lane' is the place to park your RV. There are three levels but at track days they usually only open up two and the northern side of the upper one has the best slots for RVs.

Dont know who your riding with but we always get to the track the evening before, they'll let you register and set up camp the night before. Getting in EARLY is the trick so that you can get your rig parked and hooked up.

Its a truly world class facility but they'll not do much communicating with you on the phone or email.

You'll have a blast!

Back