Need a busa hauler...

I agree that its not a good idea. Even though I pull a 30-footer camper that has a tongue weight far greater than the Busa, its just not great weight distro. Go for a trailer!

Have you checked craigslist in your area for bike trailers? That's what I did and I found a nice alumalite 3 bike trailer for $500.. it was a steal with brand new tires and new wiring.

Maybe I missed it but......what kind of truck is this going on??

Most of them are NOT rated to have that kind of tongue weight so you are wasting your time. I would just rent a trailer like others are suggesting. Not to mention the suspension mods you will need to do to the truck so you aren't bouncing and swaying all over the place.

Truck is a Nismo Frontier with a class 4 hitch. I have towed stuff a lot heavier than the busa before no problem, no suspension mods needed. I thought this thread died already, kinda surprised to see it back up. Still leaning toward building a trailer as there is no U-haul location where I will be to "one-way" the trailer at, and after 7-10 days of renting I might as well buy one. Building one will let me get exactly what I want and I get to keep it too.

The brakes I mentioned before would be so I could rig a parking brake cable and handle to the trailer to lock it in place during loading and unloading. (in response to the ? on the 1st page)

I was actually contimplating the hitch hauler you mentioned in the begining. Then I read the part about what type of hitch you need in order to support it. I have a 02 dodge ram 1500 4x4 and mine is rated to carry it. I just didnt like the idea of the price of it all. 700 and it only ships to a commercial store.

I was going to go with the big boy rams from discountramps.com and just load it up into the bed of the truck. But I might go with that open trailer from Lowes.

Heres a question if someone reads this. When hauling in an open trailer do you use a bike cover or let it get hit with rocks and such?

Back