Burr it's cold !!!

Ummmm...errr....uhhhh...Cold Gear
rock.gif
?

Well I have a set of fleece thermals called "Chili's".  Got'em in a ski shop.  

Also have two sets of UnderArmour "Cold Gear" tops and bottoms.  Got'em at bobos Sporting Goods.

These all fit underneath jeans and leathers.  I don't recommend leathers below 30 degrees f.  Windchill makes the leather cold.  

Lastly, for the "Winter Only" when on the road is a suit I like to call the Busa "Supersuit" (when leathers, and layers just ain't cuttin' it).....it's windproof / waterproof.  Has one full length zip from left ankle to neck, and a right leg zip to the crotch.  It's  fully armored (shoulders, back, elbows, knees, tailbone, and hips), comes with a removeble inner thermal liner, windflaps, and pockets up the ying-yang.  THIS is the suit for those that need to commute as you can get fully dressed, and slip this on over everything, minimal extra layers.  Let me WARN you though, you put this thing on, and go immediately out-of-doors.  It's warm, really warm, really-really warm.  I liken it to a snow-mobile suit, yet is flexible.  You spend any time indoors, and you'll start to sweat.  "Really-really".

May I introduce the "entire BUSA-collective" to........(drum roll)........the "Fieldsheer Winter Highland Suit", and the Highland II is on ebay currently for sale.  This is the SHIZNIT......

I have the Highland I as I bought this two winter's ago.  This is the newest model and it rocks the house down WELL BELOW zero at triple digits on the speedo...ask me how I know..
coolold.gif

Mine is the exact opposite of the model pictured as mine is all silver with black accents.  This one actually looks pretty close except for the shoulder protectors are exterior.  

BUY ONE...you'll never say the word "leather" in the same sentence with "winter" EVER AGAIN !!!!
super.gif
Thanks Spudley...
bump.gif

That suit looks bada$$, and a great color for my bike... I'll be checking that out !!!

Brother....you WON'T be sorry....
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
"EVER".....this really is my favorite seasonal goodie. Get a used one, get a new one...who cares
rock.gif
??.......just get one.

I'm going to get some embroidery work done on the back unless I can get those embroidered patches made of Doyle's Owner's Group decal......

By the way Doyle, you'll be getting a couple, when finished, Gratis.....
thumb_up.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Just added it to my e-bay watch list.. I will be calling them to see if they have my size !!!

Thanks Again Bro !!!
thumb_up.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo "problemo"....."One's glad to be of service".....
super.gif
Finally, a valuable contribution to the site.....

I'm 6'2", 200lbs, waist at 34", inseam at 34", 36" fingertip to fingertip, and an XL is plenty roomy. Definitely sinch the waist, wrists, and leg cuffs down for a nice tight, no-flap fit..... it "ALL" adjusts....

Get one that gives you just enough room for a layer....or two. I used to over-layer in this thing...now I pull on a long sleeve t-shirt (or maybe a thin turtleneck), and a pair of jeans.....much more is overkill.......I only got the XL for the legs...I'm shorter on top and longer on the bottom, but I still get a little bunchin' on top of the boots.....
super.gif

Check the return policy, but anywhere near your size will be adjustable with this dumb thing........pick a boot and "you're out for the night, the week, or whatever"........
thumb_up.gif

Awesome !!!

Boots..... That is another problem I have. I wear a 15-16 "E" depending on the maker, so I am still wearing high top leather shoes after all these years.. I had found a pair that fit, but they were so damn stiff I couldn't feel the shifter/brake levers through them... I was doing my normal Internet search earlier, and still can't find any.. If you know of anyone who might have these sizes, I would love to know...

Go to a shoe store like the "Hi-Tek" stores....they sell Magnum "Stealth" weatherproof boots in big sizes...that's where I got mine. Full ankle protection, reinforced toe, sidezip entry or laces (they come with both)......$35-$45 OTD.....get'em on sale and maybe two pair for the price of one.....easy to walk in, easy to ride in..."ya'know !!!"....

I also have a set of D-Dry Dainese weatherproof, but they're a bit more pricey. For the cost, a Magnum works REAL well....and your toes WILL stay toasty....between the two pieces, all you need is a set of insulated gloves and this Winter will be a mellow ride.....
beerchug.gif

Go to a shoe store like the "Hi-Tek" stores....they sell Magnum "Stealth" weatherproof boots in big sizes...that's where I got mine.  Full ankle protection, reinforced toe, sidezip entry or laces (they come with both)......$35-$45 OTD.....get'em on sale and maybe two pair for the price of one.....easy to walk in, easy to ride in..."ya'know !!!"....

I also have a set of D-Dry Dainese weatherproof, but they're a bit more pricey.  For the cost, a Magnum works REAL well....and your toes WILL stay toasty....between the two pieces, all you need is a set of insulated gloves and this Winter will be a mellow ride.....
beerchug.gif
HOLY SH*T !!!!

You are a wealth of Info. !!! The Hi-Tec "Stealth" boots look perfect, and they come in a 15 !!! I wonder why I can never find this stuff doing Internet searches
rock.gif

I will be buying a pair of those bad boys right now !!!!
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
kickass.gif

super.gif

super.gif

I just bought a pair of "Stealth" boots in size 15 !!! They look very flexible and comfortable...

Thanks again Spudley !!
thumb_up.gif

The beauty of this boot is that it's weatherproof, the toe is reinforced but NOT hard, so you can actually feel the shifter, they're REAL comfy, AND the sole is nice and wide with excellent anti-slip. A pair of cotton tube socks got me through last winter, and yet if you put on a pair of wools, you'll be arctic-proof.......
super.gif
Toasty toes at sustained high speeds in extremely cold air.....tested, and APPROVED !!!
thumb_up.gif

Man, what a bunch of winers...

Oh, yeah... I'm in shorts and a tank right now as the high will be around 75. Should stay this way until our 2 weeks of 35 degree weather comes in around January.
thumb_up.gif

I hate to reveal the ugly reality there Bird, but some of us here in the Pacific Southwest and Southwest have no limitations on riding.....now let's see if that tank and shorts can follow me through the Inyo Kern in December......"Muah-ha-ha".........in the triple digits of course........those gonna be some white-@ss shoulders and knees Bruddah !!!!
super.gif

As for me, long trips in cold weather require a certain degree of protection and a certain degree of "COMFORT-BABY-YAH !!!!! !!!!!

2713793637.jpg

Yeah, it's getting up to 82 today. Probably will have to remove the liner from my flex jacket. Sweating too much.
sad.gif

I hate to reveal the ugly reality there Bird, but some of us here in the Pacific Southwest and Southwest have no limitations on riding.....now let's see if that tank and shorts can follow me through the Inyo Kern in December......"Muah-ha-ha".........in the triple digits of course........those gonna be some white-@ss shoulders and knees Bruddah !!!!
super.gif

As for me, long trips in cold weather require a certain degree of protection and a certain degree of "COMFORT-BABY-YAH !!!!! !!!!!
lol1.gif

I am stuck WAY up in northern Ca. on a job right now, and with all the cold weather and rain I am starting to go crazy !!! My wife has been telling me about how good the weather is in So. Cal while I am here !!
banghead.gif

It's just not right...
wtf.gif

Heavy lined leather coat, 2 neck wraps, full face helmet, gauntlet gloves, glove liners, jeans, chaps, boots.

I just saw a pic. in the "Women of the Org thread", of LADYHAWK. That's kinda what I'm lookin for, just in mens !! Don't know if that's cold weather gear or not ?

I just saw a pic. in the "Women of the Org thread", of LADYHAWK. That's kinda what I'm lookin for, just in mens !! Don't know if that's cold weather gear or not ?
I sent you a PM. The pants are mens Ballistic 5.0. They are my son's but I steal them when I need to.
laugh.gif
The have an adjustable waist, so I pull it in tight.. and they are roomy enough I can wear jeans underneath if I need to.And yes, the keep me very warm.

The jacket is not cold weather gear. Just a Joe Rocket mesh with a liner.

The one week it gets cold here, I just wear a sweater
tounge.gif

Back