Cold weather gear!!!!

Phrogg

Registered
I know the cold weather is heading this way. In Iowa, it is hitting the 50's regularly right now, and it has hit 40's a few times. I'm curious as to what everyone, who does ride in the cold weather, wear for gear.

Here is what I wear for cold weather, and I have rode over an hour in 34ish degree weather.

Helmet: Full-Helmet
Jacket: FXRG Harley Davidson Jacket - $470 on sale.
Boots: Combat boots - free of charge from the military
Gloves: Teknic Thunder Waterproof Gloves: $35 on sale
Pants: Waterproof pants from Wal-mart: $20

With the pants I usually have on long johns if I know it is going to be in the low 40's. For shirts I will wear cold weather under armor.

Now, i'm not saying I stay warm the entire time. I do stay comfortable for myself. This may not work for everyone, so find what suits you. This is probably the cheapest someone could do, other then the jacket, for cold weather gear without going to heated gear. I also wear this gear in the rain whether it be sprinkling or heavy downpour. What do the rest of the cold weather riders wear around hear?

polly pro my friend, trust me! i ride in 30 degree weather days and i stay warm. my heated grips take care of the hands and it's a wrap. check out your local army/navy shop for the polly pro. they usually run about $20 for a top or bottom. :beerchug:

Here in New England we have entered the time of year where the mornings are cold and the afternoons are likely to be hot. So on the way to work I wear my silks and pull them off in the mens room at a work. I also run my heated grips in the morning. I know from experience that once the hands get cold everything else gets cold. If it is warm later in the day I just shut them off.

This is what I wear inside my leather jacket. I've been out there when it was 12*F and can still ride hundreds of miles. I have the matching gloves.

For the legs, I just wear my Fieldsheer ballistic pants. As long as my upper body's warm, I'm good.

Heated Jacket Liner 001.jpg

Full Face Helmet / with Silk head Cap
Full Leathers with interior liner
Winter Gloves
Tec Boots
Thermo Long Johns
Thermo Socks

Warm as Toast :thumbsup: and if not, I DON'T RIDE :laugh:

polly pro my friend, trust me! i ride in 30 degree weather days and i stay warm. my heated grips take care of the hands and it's a wrap. check out your local army/navy shop for the polly pro. they usually run about $20 for a top or bottom. :beerchug:

Whats is that only thing I found is wet suits???

Back