looking for advice on cold weather gear!

better yet do it online

ugggh i loathe online classes...if online classes were like 100$ compared to like 400-500 bucks then yeah...but why would i teach myself everything when im paying the same cost it would be for someone to teach me

Oh, and what kind of temps are we talking about in Florida?

currently it's only been in the 50's at night when i ride home.
last year however, it did actually snow in florida.. for a few weeks it was in the 20's all day long. most of the people who ride here, ride out of leisure, and the gear that is available in most stores is mesh. not for cool weather! i just wanna be prepared this year

I am headed to Cycle Gear during lunch today and plan to ride in the morning when it is forecasted to be low 40's. I will let you know how the antifreeze inserts perform on the interstate for 45 minutes.

I am here in New Hampshire and it gets cold and stays cold. I use heated grip on my bikes. Most recently I went with Oxford Hot Grips. They keep my hands warm near all the time

I just conned my wife into buying me heated gear for Christmas!!!!

The antifreeze inserts worked well during my 45 minute commute up the interstate when the temp was about 38 degrees. It was still cold, but not numbing like it was last week without the inserts.

My gloves are a set of cortech leather without perferations in them.

hey guys, full time rider here.. i travel about 180 miles a day for school. i'm looking for some cool weather gear to keep me warm on the interstate. i know, florida doesnt get that cold, but i cant seem to keep my fingers from freezing!
I need some advice from the guys that ride up north where it actually gets really cold!
i'm looking at a few items from frank thomas, the antifreeze balaclava, and glove liners. has anyone tried them? opinions?
cash is tight so i'm trying to find the best product for the lowest price of course, otherwise i'd consider going with heated gear. i just cant afford it at this time.
GLOVE LINERS
BALACLAVA\

if you've tried something else that works or might work better, feel free to pass it along! thanks in advance for your input

Road gear makes some nice winter riding wear have had jacket and gloves for about 4 years, i can ride comfortable in 35 - 40 degree weather. look at there web site ROADGEAR - High Performance Motorcycle Gear

For the head/neck this thing's amazing. I ride all year round and the coldest I've ridden was 12*F and believe me, this thing works. The nice thing about it, it's like you're not wearing anything inside your helmet because it's so thin. You can get it here.

I also have the Tourmaster Synergy heated liner and gloves. For the lower body, I wear ballistic pants and non-perforated boots.

knox_coldkillers_hothood_1.jpg

Back