cold weather gear

kc7dji

Registered
I'm looking for a new jacket and pants for the COLD weather. What do you like? Which brands are really good in cold weather? The only brand I know is Joe Rocket but I don't know anything about it.

Understand I'm an old cruiser guy with chaps and leather and new to the busa and the sporty look, therefore, I don't know much.

:beerchug:

They're many good companies but I can certify that one of the best for street safety, comfort and all around hi end quality is Cycleport (formerly Motoport). I've had my armored jacket (with warm and rain underliners) for 8 years now and still use it daily in 25-60 degrees. It still looks new! Look em up under the above names, they're not in your typical catalogs. Also, don't forget electric gloves, I can go anywhere with those two items!
Raydog

Last edited:
The only Jacket I swear by is the 1st Gear, they have a couple of cold weather models, I think I have a Kilamanjaro. Get one with a fleece liner.

First Gear or Olympia Motorsports. I have ridden with both. I currently own an Olympia Phantom suit for commuting. It so good for waterproofing I can go stand in a shower and not get wet inside the suit. It's pretty good for cold weather also.

Olympia fan here...high-vis safety-green colored jacket has saved me many times. Zip out lining makes it good for summer. Worn with neck gaiter/helmet liner, and it's good for winter. The neck gaiter/helpmet liner is critical to staying warm. Next to gloves, prolly it's highest on my priority list for cold weather.

CW

+1 for First Gear Kilamanjaro. I rode in 36 degrees weather yesterday but felt like it was 75 degrees using this particular jacket.

I'm looking for some good cold weather stuff as well. So far, I've heard lot's of recommendations for Aerostitch suits and pants.

My Joe Rocket Alter Ego has never let me down. Basically three outfits in one. Don't forget the hands and feet.

1. Aerostitch ($$$$) One of the best
2. Gerbing ($$$) battery powered vest/gloves can be worn with any jacket
3. 1st gear ($$$) good stuff
4. Tourmaster ($$$) also good stuff
5. Olympia ($$-$$$) good quality products
6. Older Joe Rocket 4 season jackets, but hard to find!

This year I'm riding in leather and it is night and day from the textile jacket I wore last winter. I'm now a big fan of leather not only for its protective properties but for its resilience and warmth in the weather.

i wear under armour and the tourmaster heated vest with the windproof jogging pants under my joe rocket riding pants and the neck gaitor and i do not get cold,not even my hands get cold. i learned years ago from hunting that if you keep your core warm your hands and feet will stay warm to. best advice i can give is keep the wind off you.

Back