Texan needs help with cold weather gear??

Here is a general rule for riding motorcycles and when you think about it.... it kinda makes sense.
"never ride in temps below your age" :rofl:

Seriously, I ride all year except when the daily high temp does not get above freezing.

32degrees is like a wall... when temps dip below freezing, pretty much screwed without heated gear. I personally would have a good set of gerbing heated gear when temps dip below 40 most of the day.
The most uncomfortable things will be cold feet (toes) and fingers. If you can keep them warm you will be ok.

Just get electric gear and be done. Once you get heated gear, you'll be wondering what the hell you were thinking all those years shivering down the road. Just lunacy.

Liner Buy Now: Powerlet Ulta-Thin Heated Jacket Liners | Pashnit Moto Products

or Vest Buy Now: Powerlet Heated Vest Motorcycle Electric Vests for Bikers | Pashnit Moto Products
(I have both)

& Gloves. Buy Now: Heated Gloves for Motorcyclists- Powerlet | Pashnit Moto Products :easy: :easy: :easy:

This sounds crazy, but sitting there in white-out conditions, I was hot. :laugh:

displayimage.php

The simplest thing I've done in an emergency was to layer things on then use one of the sport training suites that prevent body heat loss (like $20.00) right under the jacket. It really helped as a wind barrier. The worst/hardest thing is keeping your feet and hands warm. You can go to a camping/hunting store and get a few of those warm packs to slip into your boots and gloves. It still wont help your fingers. Make sure you have a thick baklava too. You'll need it for your neck and face.

Just becareful with the road conditions. Sometimes I would be so comfortable (warm body temp) that I would begin to forget how cold the weather conditiones were and ride to spirited.

Back