Votes: 97 46.2%
  • helmet gloves jacket boots armour

Votes: 64 30.5%
  • NONE its for sissies!!!

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Full leathers etc

Votes: 49 23.3%

• Total voters
all leathers head to toe when out for a ride. jeans if im headed to the store. I dont know about anyone else but here is the thing for me. When Im out for a ride wearing leathers makes me feel a lot safer. I dont mean to make it sound like if I wear leathers I can act like an idiot on the bike but its just that I feel way way safer when I am leathered up.

+1 to that. I've been stupid a few times and ridden in shorts and a tshirt, and when I got a few miles down the road the thought of crashing entered my mind every time, and it scared the shid out of me. The thought of crashing without gear on, while riding without gear on is really a bad thought. As for the gear I wear- helmet, gloves, leather armored jacket, jeans and usually boots, but sometimes regular shoes. NEVER EVER EVER sandles or flip flops. I'd like to have some nice perferated leather, but can't afford it right now. :(

I feel naked without at least a tank top and sandals on. :moon::laugh:

Seriously, I always wear a helmet, usually a full though sometimes a 3/4 or half, a jacket, jeans, boots and gloves.

I've been wearing a H-D leather jacket that I like, but recently bought one of these in Neon Yellow/Black:

NEON%20AIRGLIDE200.jpg

I'm seriously considering the purchase on the matching pants.

Austin Tx hits 90 to 100 degrees in the summer. Sitting in traffic, gridlock with tar bubbling on the roadway surrounded by cars generating xtra heat. You can feel the heat penetrate your shoe soles everytime you have to stop.

Yup, I love to gear up in the summer:whistle:

I do wear a full helmet, mesh jacket, vented gloves, jeans.
I guess the boot thing is where I have issues.
I'm don't have the funds to buy sidi race boots to drive to work.
I do wear shoes that offer ankle support.:beerchug:

Voted for armor, but gotta admit most of my summer riding has been in T-shirt, jeans, and a helmet. Just bought a jacket with serious venting. Will find out how good it is for summer riding in the humidity capital of the world.

Northern VA.. Humid???:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ive spent a lot of time in the Dulles VA area all seasons,, its a nice get away from the Nashville area. Wake up in the morning at 6AM open the door and feels as you opened an over door as the heat swelters you.
Yes, I know you guys down in Miami have it rough but you also have a slight ocean breeze all the time.
Central TN its still no air and H U M I D !!

As I get older I am getting wiser and invested in some riding gear, so far its.
Back an forth to work= Leather Gloves Jacket, and Sidi Riding boots
Weekend Inbred Redneck Passing in the backwoods Full leathers Full gear no back or neck protector.

lankeeyankee said:

Ive spent a lot of time in the Dulles VA area all seasons,, its a nice get away from the Nashville area. Wake up in the morning at 6AM open the door and feels as you opened an over door as the heat swelters you.
Yes, I know you guys down in Miami have it rough but you also have a slight ocean breeze all the time.

Weekend Inbred Redneck Passing in the backwoods Full leathers Full gear no back or neck protector.

Keep pissing off the rednecks and your best get a reverse chastity belt:poke:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

lankeeyankee said:

Try living right in the middle of Louisiana. That's the way it feels when you walk out at night!!

It actually does get incredibly humid here in VA...makes riding in full gear absolutely miserable, so I end up parking the Busa over skimping on the gear...

Can't believe we're fighting over "who has more humidity" :rofl:

VaBusa said:
It actually does get incredibly humid here in VA...makes riding in full gear absolutely miserable, so I end up parking the Busa over skimping on the gear...

Can't believe we're fighting over "who has more humidity" :rofl:

Well that explains the hair:poke:

:laugh:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

ATGATT for me. That's the main reason I'm here today after a 75 mph high side on Interstate 75. Without gear, I would be dead now.

For me, it's All The Gear, All The Time. You others do what you want.
But if you expect to survive a crash, you better wear the gear.
If you do not care whether you live or die, that is your right, I suppose.

Full gear all the time for me. Helmet, gloves, first gear jacket, first gear over pants, Oxtar Matrix boots - no choice on the pole for textile gear though - but covered head to toe.

I always wear my gear. Even if I am just going right down the road. You can never be to careful, and I for one like my head, skin, and whatever else that can get damaged lol.
sidepic.jpg

If I'm taking a quick trip to the store (in town, no freeway, slow speeds) then I'll just go with my helmet, gloves, regular pants and sneakers or even sandles. If I'm going further then I look like this...

SN850883.jpg

Good ol Bilt gear from Cyclegear! May not be name brand but it's better than nothing! :rofl:

Back