Riding Gear

shenoyp

Hayabusa Master Jedi
Donating Member
Registered
Hello people,

I just bought the following riding gear to go with my busa, your opinions are welcome
smile.gif

a) Shoei Helmet
b) First gear Jacket
c) First gear gloves
d) First gear & diadora riding boots

I bought a knee gaurd also, but dont remember the name. Are these good enough protection??

Shoei helmet is as good as you can buy!
First Gear is cool for the streets expecially if it has armor or at least elbow and shoulder padding.
I myself ride on the streets with Diadora Boots. Crashed once at about 70 kts and the boots got scuffed up but held up fine.
I think you'll be just fine. I'd get some decent riding pants with knee protection as well if I were you.

Sounds good to me. I like alpine stars gloves myself. Sidi boots. Shoei Helmet works for me though. I wish my egg head would fit into a Sumoy.

smile.gif
Sounds good, most important thing is that you wear it! So if it isn't comfortable, keep hunting till you find the perfect gear for you. That way you'll have it on when you need it.

Remember to dress for the crash, not the ride.
thumbs-up.gif

I have personally watched a Shoei RF900 go down with my bro's head in it at about 75. He Face planted Hard, then tumbled and took another hard shot to the rear. Helmet was a write off, but his head was 100% OK. So it's Hard to argue with.

Any Snell approved helmet that fits your head properly is fine.

You REALLY need some kind of riding pants.  I personally wear Draggin's Jeans with the optional CE approved armor.  They look great, are comfortable and most importantly they work.

I recently purchased a FirstGrear Diablo leather/textile jacket and love it.  I needed something without mesh and a liner for cooler weather riding.
I still can't believe the quality and features for the price.  Plus I think it looks great with my Blue/Silver Busa
smile.gif

$69 bucks from newenough.com.  Includes the removable liner and armor!

I definitely like FirstGear more than my Joe Rocket stuff.  Actually I think Joe Rocket gloves suck and will never buy another set...one summer and my fingers have already worn completly through the tips.  I bought some Teknic Chicanes and they appear to be way better.

<!--EDIT|Turbo-Torch
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103679983 -->

Dont forget your butt & legs... You really need some good pants too, leather is best, textile with armor, or at least kevlar lined riding jeans. Road rash is ugly and it HURTS.
sad.gif

Like Rev said, make sure you wear it! I have 2 First Gear jackets that I wear and love. Just added a Shoei helmet and can't wait to wear it.

Thanks for the insights guys. You see im pretty big.... and need a 56 inch waist on my pants
blush.gif
I generally buy stuff from bikebandit.com cause i live in india, and there are no tore in india that sell riding gear! can you guys suggest me some online site which stocks up big sized leather pants...
smile.gif

Back