Cold legs

(AzBooSa @ Nov. 20 2006,08:07) I have been wondering about this topic as well….. I’m looking for some warm armored type pants that I could wear over my work/ street clothes during my commute. I would just like to be able to pull then off when I get to my office.  I commute to work about 85 /90 miles round trip a day. Anyone know of something like this?
Yep, TM Cortech overpants.

http://www.newenough.com/tour_master_caliber_pants_page.htm

http://www.newenough.com/tour_master_venture_pants_page.htm

While leather pants and long johns work OK and protect great , a set of ski bibs over the pants will keep ya even warmer . That's what I use in the 20's/30's .

I've got these things called KneeNecks they are a simple chap style wrap with velcro closures and go on wicked easy and work awesome.  I started with a quilted set for use on my quad and later bought a set of  leather ones which work great on the street.  They also make denim and ballistic nylon versions.  I had leather patches added to my quilted ones where the exhaust made contact.

You may think they are goofy but they do the job...

Link to Wrap Chaps...

From their website:
***Please remember, sizing for WRAP-CHAPS® starts
with your inseam. (See bottom of PRODUCTS page for more details.)

Black Quilted Nylon WRAP-CHAPS®  
Sizes: 24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36 are $74.95 per pair.

Black Leather WRAP-CHAPS® - unquilted     Please call for LEATHER
Sizes:  24, 26         are $129.95 per pair.
Sizes:   32   are $139.95 per pair.  We are OUT or LOW on INSEAM 28, 30!!
Sizes:  34, 36         are $149.95 per pair.

Blue Denim WRAP-CHAPS®  - unquilted
Sizes: 24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36 are $39.95 per pair.

Black 1680 Denier Ballistic Nylon WRAP-CHAPS®  - unquilted
Sizes: 24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36 are $89.95 per pair.

We try to ship orders within a day or two. Sometimes we
are able to ship same day.  However, on some orders,
please allow up to three weeks for shipping. Thank you.

Online Shipping / handling in the U.S.A. is by total price
of the order:  
    $0.00  -  $5.00        = $2.95    $5.01  -  $30.00  = $5.95
   $30.01 -  $100.00    = $7.95    $100.01 - UP      = $11.95

Shipping/handling/taxes and any other charges outside of the
U.S.A. is additional depending on country of destination.

Please have your VISA or MASTERCARD ready with the
color, size, and quantities of the KNEE-NECKS®  and
WRAP-CHAPS® that you would like to order.

Hope this helps.  They work awesome for me.

I dont ride in the cold, solves that problem easily
laugh.gif

good luck!!

What size pants do you wear? I have a pair of alpinestar track pants size 34 that will zip right into your jacket.

(Tufbusa @ Nov. 20 2006,19:05) What size pants do you wear? I have a pair of alpinestar track pants size 34 that will zip right into your jacket.
Thanks, but I haven't been a 34 since I was 18. (26 years ago LOL)

I want to get leather so I can use them at the track too. The 1/4 mile track here won't let you go over 120 mph without a complete set of leathers.
Kill 2 birds with one stone.
If I can't find leather overpants, I'll just have to change at work.

(busa_bill @ Nov. 20 2006,11:18)
(Tufbusa @ Nov. 20 2006,19:05) What size pants do you wear? I have a pair of alpinestar track pants size 34 that will zip right into your jacket.

I want to get leather so I can use them at the track too. The 1/4 mile track here won't let you go over 120 mph without a complete set of leathers.
Why didn't ya say so...

http://www.newenough.com/tour_master_decker_pant_page.htm

I commute on my Busa every day of the year in Seattle (yes, where it rains and is regularly in the 30s); only time I'm not commuting is when it's snowing or flooding - so I'm on the bike 11 months of the year.

My solutions:
1) Jeans only in the summer - and Sliders at that. They're a little thicker denim and have Kevlar protection all over.
2) Joe Rocket Ballistic pants/coat and when it gets in the 40s I wear varying thicknesses of fleece pants/coats underneath. A wind-blocker fleece pants/jacket work best. Fleece is nice because it breathes and if you sweat it still keeps you warm.
3) When it really gets cold - in the 30s - and wet I wear a one-piece First Gear suit (lots of brands out there) that has a very warm quilted insert underneath the ballistic shell. I've never had to wear more than breathable 'under armor' type tops/bottoms with my one piece suit and still feel quite comfortable. Cooler yet, many one piece suits have the room for you to wear clothes underneath without getting everything wrinkled - so get to work, unzip and you're ready to go after fixing the helmet head...

Like I said, I ride every day of the year. Have lots of other lessons learned for keeping the head warm too.

(AzBooSa @ Nov. 20 2006,19:07) I have been wondering about this topic as well….. I’m looking for some warm armored type pants that I could wear over my work/ street clothes during my commute. I would just like to be able to pull then off when I get to my office.  I commute to work about 85 /90 miles round trip a day. Anyone know of something like this?
I use Hein Gericke Cargo Overpants - armor in the knee area, zippers up and down both legs - just unzip up from the boots and step out of the pants at work.  They also come with a waterproof liner - hasn't been cold enough here in Ft Lauderdale to try that for added warmth yet (52 deg this morning - felt great with just the overpants/no liner)

WEAR LONG JOHNS UNDER LEATHER PANTS T-SHIRT AND SWEATSHIRT UNDER LEATHER JACKET RODE IN 30 DEGREE WEATHER NO PROBLEM

(CBXRider @ Nov. 20 2006,22:02)
(busa_bill @ Nov. 20 2006,11:18)

Why didn't ya say so...

http://www.newenough.com/tour_master_decker_pant_page.htm
That's what I'm looking for. I have a Tour Master dealer near my work. Going to check it out!!!

Thanks

(SportCommuter @ Nov. 20 2006,22:20) I commute on my Busa every day of the year in Seattle (yes, where it rains and is regularly in the 30s); only time I'm not commuting is when it's snowing or flooding - so I'm on the bike 11 months of the year.

My solutions:
1) Jeans only in the summer - and Sliders at that. They're a little thicker denim and have Kevlar protection all over.
2) Joe Rocket Ballistic pants/coat and when it gets in the 40s I wear varying thicknesses of fleece pants/coats underneath. A wind-blocker fleece pants/jacket work best. Fleece is nice because it breathes and if you sweat it still keeps you warm.
3) When it really gets cold - in the 30s - and wet I wear a one-piece First Gear suit (lots of brands out there) that has a very warm quilted insert underneath the ballistic shell. I've never had to wear more than breathable 'under armor' type tops/bottoms with my one piece suit and still feel quite comfortable. Cooler yet, many one piece suits have the room for you to wear clothes underneath without getting everything wrinkled - so get to work, unzip and you're ready to go after fixing the helmet head...

Like I said, I ride every day of the year. Have lots of other lessons learned for keeping the head warm too.
Would like to hear more about your head solutions.
I have a long Balaclava with a provision for the nose, and vent holes cut for the mouth. My Scorpion helmet has done well so far.
Haven't had any cold issues with the head, but colder weather is coming.

Would like to hear any advice you might have.

Thanks

(DRAGBUSA1300R @ Nov. 21 2006,05:43) WEAR LONG JOHNS UNDER LEATHER PANTS T-SHIRT AND SWEATSHIRT UNDER LEATHER JACKET RODE IN 30 DEGREE WEATHER NO PROBLEM
Even though I didn't ride today, I wore a set of thermals to work that I bought last night. Just wanted to see if they were tolerable under my normal work attire while inside the office all day.
Seems like they will be fine.
Long Johns under leathers will be my choice too.

(heavybusa @ Nov. 20 2006,18:52) I dont ride in the cold, solves that problem easily
laugh.gif

good luck!!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
As my wife says , "Not matter how warm you THINK you are, the inside of my car, with it's heated seats is ALOT warmer"  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back