Blanca needs HELP..

2busa the bike ran fine before the wash.
The bike stays in a climate controlled house, no cover.
Temp was not a prob as it was cool morning about 65.
When I wash it no water gets spayed on the top of tank.

The water came from a Podunk gas station in Clewiston south of the lake.
I filled up on the way back home. When it went in it was mixed up I can only figure and ran for almost 100 miles before starting to sputter.
I parked it inside and let her sit for a few days and as always washed her on Saturday morning.
No chance of condensation, no chance of water getting in there from wash, NADA.
It was in the gas I got.
She started sputtering on the last bit in the tank because it had a higher percentage of water in it as well had settled after three days.
When I filled up again it made it better but not perfect. Once I drained this 5 gallons and replaced with fresh she runs perfect now.

In the 5 gallons that I got out there was maybe 1/2 cup of water in there because aftr letting it sit I poured that gas into another can slowly to where I got down to about 1/2 then put that in a bucket and it was clear you could see it.

It is unfortunately all too common here in Sofla to get water in the tanks at gas stations.
Many are so old that their tank lids sit below where the rain water pools. When it rains it goes right in . If the tanks are low your gonna get water. Like I said the station was an older one in the middle of nowhere. I had no choice and am lucky to have not been stranded in the middle of nowhere.

I restore fine firearms for a hobby and you will not meet a person more aware of detail than I.

Simple it was bad gas with H20 in it.
You may still have your doubts but I dont.

Have ridden already thru 2 tanks now and no probs.

Last edited:
This morning I washed the bike.
As always after a careful drying I start her up and let it idle while putting on my gear to go for a blow dry. Starts up idles fine.

5 minutes or less...put...put..paa...she dies...!
Go out flick her back to life, starts right up.
Minute or so later same thing.

I'm thinking shes just being finicky because it is 50 outside and did want to cooperate. So I put my gear on and go. Runs ok she seems cant really tell.
Make it about 2-3 miles she starts letting me know something aint right.

Stop pull in lot nearby its sputtering have to keep revvin' it to keep her alive.
The gas light goes on, same as normal right at 100 or so miles.
Dont want to get stranded so I start heading home. Its running not 'right' and I can tell she is not happy.
I'm thinking let me eliminate that maybe gas is lower than normal so I stop and fill up.
4 gallons to the same point as usual. Starts right back up.
Heading home still not running right but I give her a little to see if it will sputter when I'm on the throttle. No, runs right up and still feels strong there. Red light 1/4 in front of my house , stop.
Same thing sputters and dies but starts right back up thank God.
At this point and only this time I smelt fuel. Not sure if its the 'prob' or just having just filled up.

So get back home leave her sit and idle and the thing just runs. Now doesnt die or sputter. Let her sit for almost 15 minutes and nothing ?

To answer any questions that may be asked:

Just washed: use shower setting on hose with little pressure, not blasting anything. Did look under seat and there is just a few drops in and around where PC V is mounted .
So I look at it in hand. Not soaked not water drippin out of it but one or two on it. Wipe it off place it back in mount.

Temperature: 50 degrees . Over 30 degrees diff from the day she was tuned.

Other than that most of you know the mods I have done.

My questions or thoughts.
I have read somewhere I'm sure it was here that bikes can sometimes 'lose' their map. Just wake up one day and like any other computer not be right ?
Does this happen ?
I did save map early on in power commander program and was thinking about loading it back into bike to see if it fixes it ? MAYBE

Temperature is around 30 degrees lower than when she was tuned on dyno.
Previous bikes I have had always liked the cold but this is first one I have ever had dyno tuned so I dont know ? MAYBE

With the wash I always makes sure not to just blast it with water only use a gentle shower. I do quickly pass over bars and things cuz they do get dusty.
Again not blastin anything just enough to get her clean. I detailed and owned a biz for 10yrs.
Had enough Bimmers not start on me to learn my lessons about being easy, but Who knows. Again it starts right back up and I bet if I walked out there now the thing would start.

I'm stumped and now afraid to venture farther than I think I can push her because I wont leave it for sure.
Do bikes sometimes just have a bad morning and come round or not ?
I'm leaning obv toward the latter. Things like this dont go away.

I'm thinking also majority of you are gonna say the regulator is it and where Imoved it has is causing this.
If it is no problem. I can put it back in about an hour or so and be the first one to admit after testing it it did not work.
Just dont know how to start eliminating things.

Again started up ran for five minutes then died.
Started back up same thing in a minute or so.
Rode for 2-3 miles started running funny, idle off, burblin.
Stop have to keep throttlin to keep it running.
Filled up, started right up.
1/4 mile from home at light, dies again, starts right up.

at home idling for 15 minutes runs and does not die ?

HELP....

:bowdown:

i got my 09 last end of june and washed it and it has 7,300miles on it and never had a problem i would bet to you got some bad gas hope all works out for you good luck..........

i got my 09 last end of june and washed it and it has 7,300miles on it and never had a problem i would bet to you got some bad gas hope all works out for you good luck..........

Haybusa you are correct it was bad gas. This thread is a couple months old but I linked it last night into the thread where the gent 'is stuck 4,000 miles away from home' trying to help him.
If you read this thread it was like page 1 or 2 where folks told me and I did not listen till page 8 or so.
I was trying to help prevent the guy whos stuck now from going thru 8 pgs of racking his brain like I did is all.

Thank you for the well wishes. Shes all good now and I hope other guy gets his worked out as well.:beerchug:

Here's my 2cents.
On my last bike I had PCV and Autotune. The same problem happened to me. The wide band O2 sensor got too much moisture that at the start up before she got warmed up, it changed the AFR. I re-loaded the base map and everything went fine.

If you're using 87 Octane gas, this may cause your stock (or wide band if you have Autotune) O2 sensor faulty readings (because of not completed combustion and combustion products).

Cheers

Ryan GenII takes premium. No O2 sensor as it has been dyno tuned.
Old thread , problem solved..
But thank you very much..:thumbsup:
Cheers..:beerchug:

Back