Blanca needs HELP..

Blanca Im impressed and proud of your stick -to-itiveness:laugh: I hope it all worked out and that shes healthy...I would have flown gixerhp in to MD after the 1st day :laugh:

I've already stated I need a mobil moto doc and nobody offered so :whistle:

It is how I am . She's like a sick child and I can't relax or rest until she's back to 100%.

Gotta be something simple . I haven't spoke to perf shop since they read thread so still not sure what the thingy is on top with melted shrink wrap. Wouldn't be so bad if weather prevented me from riding but it's sunny and decent here so it's killing me that I can't just hop on and go .

Check your fuel filter. I will bet you got some bad gas.......

Mine did this after she got a taste of shell 93 gas went back to BP 93 clears up in about 2 miles but she was completely empty when I filled back up. I just figured water. Scared the snot outta me though though I was gonna be owing on a bike I couldn't drive, she came right back to life though.

Dr Ron at Blais tells me the 'thingy' on top of engine with melted wrap is a resistor he put there so they could remove PAIR valve and system. If it goes bad he says bike will throw a code. Not the cause of my concern but needs to be addressed.

So after finding nothing external that points to a prob I am gonna do what he and some said from get go. Drain tank and fill with some clean fresh stuff with just a little FI cleaner.

We will see....

BAD GAS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Spent four days chasing a problem Dr Ron and others said I should have done from get go..
Got this 'shaker syphon' from Pep Boys.
If I had not seen it work I would not believe it did.
Has little ball in end of it captured by a fitting.
Stick this end in tank and shake it up and down.

Thing sucked 5 gallons out in no time flat.
Then I used a Shotgun cleaning rod with a rag thru cleaning jag to stick doen in there to get everything I poss could.

Put 2 galons fresh premium along with 2ozs fuel inj cleaner and....

I got my baby back baby back baby back.....Blanca

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Seems fine no stumbling or burbling as before. No stall.
1-2 hard in the air shift to 3rd shes still pulling , set it down give her more and OH YEAH.......woooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooo...

BUSA PROBS 009.JPG

BUSA PROBS 005.JPG

BUSA PROBS 003.JPG

I got so excited that I thought I had fixed her that I just hopped on and went.
5-10 mins of bliss and happiness I look over at a car next to me.
Girls like 3-4 of them are in car laughing so hard they are almost crying !

What gives ? Now what ?
WTF are they laughing at..........
...............then I remembered and looked down......

Forgot I still had on the socks my daughter picked out for me at Walgeens last night !.

:rofl::rofl:

BUSA PROBS 008.JPG

From washing the bike to stale gas? To a burned whatchewmecallit to a pair of cuffs up to the knees I'd be laughing too.

I ain't buying the stale gas you just washed the bike after 9 months of sitting maybe, but I think the water dried up and so did your jeans.:laugh: :rofl:

I lifted my jeans so Kathy could take the pic .
Jeans fit fine but when sitting on bike they lifted enough so you could see them .

Washing the bike had nada to do with it as like I said the top of engine and under tank were still dry and dusty . Always use shower setting on sprayer and don't soak areas that are prone to probs.

I filled up coming back last weekend .
Ran almost whole tank thru , about 100 miles and parked it.
A few days later washed it and went for blow dry .
That's when she started acting up.
right toward bottom of tank .

At park now after riding approx 40miles , no probs .
:cheerleader:

I have a resistor plugged into plug on lower right side of engine.
All the hoses and octopus thing have been removed as well.
The thing on side of my engine looks almost same as yours ?
I think this was for the O2 sensor ?

I am unclear where the item in your link would go in respect to looped wire with resistor in middle of it on top of engine.
Are we talking about your item replacing this ?

ENGINE PROBS 005.jpg

Last edited:
oh sorry never saw that pic, yikes that looks terrible LOL. If you still had the factory connector on those wires, my little resistor / connector setup would just plug in and not look like that melty mess LOL
since your connector is gone just keep the mess there, or turn pair off with ecu put factory connector back on and use pair output for NOS or boost control :)

I see so pretty much same thing I have on lower side is what you offer to replace the setup I have on top, a plug with a resistor.
Pretty sure I still have factory plug in a box somewhere.
Anyway I'm gonna head down there in a few days or so and have them address that as well as a susp issue I have.

Thanks again for all your help SB.

Same thing they said.
I'm sure they can fix it in a jiff , some new wrap or something.
Small problem that I only noticed in this adventure.

Got 4 new plugs on way home and gonna put them in later tonight.
Cant hurt.......IF DONE RIGHT...:banghead:

:laugh:

Last edited:
I did learn today that a bone dry tank that has 2 gallons put back into it, fuel light comes right on within 4-5 miles or so. Least it did on mine.
I wondered how much gas she still had in when light came on and now I know.
A little less than 2 gallons.
Rode for about 30 miles on those 2 gallons and FI cleaner and then filled up.

Back