Bike Idling Rough! Can't Figure It Out!

keene757

Registered
2014 busa has been acting weird and will idle at about 600 even with me adjusting the idle cable near throttle. I reset the ecu and start the bike up and it works fine. But as soon as I start the bike back up it goes back to idling rough. So for about a few days I just kept resetting ecu and now it won't even run right doing that. Anybody have any input on what it might be?

What mod(s) did you do pryor to it acting up, if any? Bike just starting to idle at 600 rpms on its own sounds weird to me.

What mod(s) did you do pryor to it acting up, if any? Bike just starting to idle at 600 rpms on its own sounds weird to me.

Only thing that has been done is the exhaust, ecu flash, pcv, air filter k&n, nothing major. Swingarm which has nothing to do with that. It is definitely weird.

Explain "reset the ECU" please. Did it start acting up after you flashed it?

Bike was fine after ecu flash. Resetting the ecu basically I just unplugged the ecu and disconnect the battery then reconnected it later. It would idle fine for a few times. But now this isn't even working.

I finally figured it out...so when i tried to put the bike in dealer mode before i did it with ignition on and run switch on but it kept throwing code c00 so i thought there was nothing wrong. There was no FI light on as well. After reading some more i decided to start the bike with dealer mode on and finally got the code c28 which is the STVA...So I'm not sure why the secondary throttle valve actuator is messing up so I just checked connections everything seemed fine...i don't have the know how to check ohm readings etc on wires...after removing the secondary butterflies and resetting the ecu the bike works totally fine...Thanks for everyone that has tried to help me!

Actually i was wrong again! Lol. I have figured it out this time for sure. It was the Throttle position sensor. I noticed next to the code on the dash in dealer mode that the little line was off center and the haynes manual says that the line should be in the center. So after adjusting the TPS everything works perfect. Thanks again

If you changed the TPS settings on the bike you may want to go into your pcv software interface and reset the tps settings in there as well.

Back