Blanca's sputtering :(

Sounds fuel related to me...like some water in the gas. Still replace the plugs and while you are in there check the ohms on the coils and see if they all are in spec. Might be a dirty injector so run some cleaner if all spark related parts are good. I dont think it is the screen in the tank...just my 2 cents.

OK, the intermittent issue is what I think is important to consider. A bad plug is just that....a bad plug. Loose plug(s) is/are a constant compression leak. Wouldn't a weak coil be weak all the time, not variable? I'm leaning towards bad fuel, water in the tank....Florida is horrendous for condensation problems, or debris in the tank. Here's what I would try....First I would siphon ALL of the liquid from the tank with a hand pump or spark-free pump, into a clear container. Check for water and goobers. If that is not an option, I would look into the tank with a light, no matches! No water noted, run a couple of treatments of Seafoam through the beast. If there is water in the tank, it will mix with the Seafoam and then it can be burned. The last thing for me would be checking the screen and the filter.

***Disclaimer: I'm not a certified mechanic, just an old gearhead with years of life experiences.....:laugh:

I haven't had time to ride since I checked plugs and replaced them.
I'm gonna go for a spin later tonight and then we will know if I need to look elsewhere.

i can't believe it's bad gas unless you live in Mongolia, Uzbekistan or Upper Volta.
All western gas companies have minimum quality standards,it must be a problem elsewhere, filters/injectors or coil packs.

if in doubt use FORTE to add to your tank , that should clean things out. :)

Mark it's not bad gas in south Florida. Due to extreme amount of rain we get a lot of the older gas stations and even some of the newer ones wind up getting water in the holding tanks.

its your fuel filter and pump take it apart and take some brake cleaner and reverse blow in it and keep spraying brake cleaner in it and blowing until it becomes clear had to do my 08 like that before it got stolen u can pin the throttle it sputter and then catches up and take off.But it only takes about one good hour to take take if off and clean it rite. and you mite wanna get some wynn power charge from brock and run thru it just mix the whole can with two gallons of gas it will run like a champ i went thru the same issues

its your fuel filter and pump take it apart and take some brake cleaner and reverse blow in it and keep spraying brake cleaner in it and blowing until it becomes clear had to do my 08 like that before it got stolen u can pin the throttle it sputter and then catches up and take off.But it only takes about one good hour to take take if off and clean it rite. and you mite wanna get some wynn power charge from brock and run thru it just mix the whole can with two gallons of gas it will run like a champ i went thru the same issues

u can try all the gumout injector cleaner race fuel its still not gonna help u gonna have to take it off a apart because i did the same thing it will run good for a day or so and then its back to doing the same thing one more sign if u can hear that pump hummin its stopped up

Mark it's not bad gas in south Florida. Due to extreme amount of rain we get a lot of the older gas stations and even some of the newer ones wind up getting water in the holding tanks.

Especially in your area, the water table is about 4' - 6' below grade.

Looking to be the wettest year on record for a long time.
My county I think ranks 5th in nation for highest annual rainfall normally.
This year we are shooting for first place :)

I just want to know if I'm right and when I should expect my cookie in the mail :laugh:

your plugs really dont look that bad, being loose would have me concerned somewhat, but that was prob from the shop you had it at and prob didnt effect much, so it could be water in the gas, maybe

I finally went for a ride last night. Between work and rain it was first opp I'd had. Rode for about an hour total. 30 mins north on 95, and back. It ran fine no hiccups or stumbles.
Was gonna confirm that with another this morning and its raining again so I came in to work.
Pretty sure that fixed it.

Back