Big red is kinda sputtering....

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
Ok...I need some help (what's new)...Big Red seems to be sputtering. When I am at a stand still Big Red idles at 1250 rpms. Now, when I begin to drive off, Big Red seems to sputter (surging\not surging) in the low rpms range (1K - 3K rpms). She just doesn't seem to be running as smooth as she use to in the lower rpm range. I have a power commander on her. I am thinking about fiddling with that. However, what else can make her sputter?
Thanks
D-

Im noticing the same thing
I unplugged my pc and it seems better (maybe its my map but why all of a sudden)
I figured maybe it was the air filter all dirty makeing my map rich but it looks clean
try fuel injector cleaner, check tps, synch throttle bodies....

Im noticing the same thing
I unplugged my pc and it seems better (maybe its my map but why all of a sudden)
I figured maybe it was the air filter all dirty makeing my map rich but it looks clean
try fuel injector cleaner, check tps, synch throttle bodies....
So is she running better now?

running better without the pc connected
im going to try another map
I am haveing it custom mapped soon and Im trying to figure out why it started running funny first also i think i need a new battery I didnt put it on the trickle charge over the winter, maybe that could effect it

Temps and humidity are going up.. so it might effect your a/f ratio enough to make it run bad at lower rpms??
rock.gif
just a thought i had... probably way off base though...
rock.gif

rock.gif

Thanks for the input. I was getting worried. It doesn't seem like there is anything mechanically wrong. I will just play around with the PC. I have a two maps that I am going to play with.

I could almost guarantee your map in your PC took a #### on you ... I have that happen a few times ... Do have the normal or USB version

I have learned to keep a master copy of my final dyno tune maps bcuz it's inevitable that you will need them

another thing to look at, is it time to change the spark plugs yet? (8,000 miles)

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145416803 -->

Ok everyone...I have changed maps. I went back to the original map provided by Micron. I made a few adjustments and she is running great. Shifting is so smooth....Man I have to admit I love this bike. I ONLY have 431 miles on my 750....Big Red gets all my attention!
tounge.gif

Back