Registered
just as a refresher course ... I have a 2002 Hayabusa with Yoshi race slip-ons
and a BMC street air filter. I put these on at 200
miles I now have 14,000 miles

my question is I was told i didn't need a power
commander with these mod's ( and it seemed that it was
doing fine up to around 8,000 mile's. then the bike
started spiting and sputtering at around 2000 rpms
when taking off from a stop..well,I went a head and got a power commander and  started adjusting on the  buttons, in the low rpm range and made it
up to 6% richer and it has seemed to fix the spitting
and sputtering ,  what do you think caused the bike to all of a sudden start acting up... and why did it fix it when I riched up the low rpms?

I have since put the stock pipes back on the bike with
the stock air filter just to see what would happen in
stock condition and it runs fine... no spitting and
sputtering at all in the 2,000 rpms range?
again, can you explain to me what caused the yoshi
pipes to mess the bike up with only 8,000 miles on the pipes. I mean it did run fine for up to 8000 miles with the Yohi pipes, and no power commander...

Pipes are just getting burned out, causing less back pressure and making the bike run lean. Try repacking them or getting the correct map for your powercommander.

i gave you a reply on the other forum also but i will say it again...change your air filter, if it was last done at 200 miles it will not allow any air through...riching up the pc just masks the prob...it has nothing to do with your pipes...leave the stock clean filter on and run the pipes it should be fine, the pc is no use to you with just slip ons...

(300Busa @ Sep. 11 2007,01:30) Pipes are just getting burned out, causing less back pressure and making the bike run lean.  Try repacking them or getting the correct map for your powercommander.
this is what I have been thinking .... but instead of repacking them it gives me a excuse to get a new system.

(SPEEDEMON @ Sep. 11 2007,12:57) i gave you a reply on the other forum also but i will say it again...change your air filter, if it was last done at 200 miles it will not allow any air through...riching up the pc just masks the prob...it has nothing to do with your pipes...leave the stock clean filter on and run the pipes it should be fine, the pc is no use to you with just slip ons...
I'm so confused on this its driving me crazy....

my BMC filter is very clean! I have took care of it/cleaned it regular. I will how ever change the stock one out before I put my Yoshi back on to test this out.

yeah if it still gives you problems then it could be the pipes...mind you when i put my system on i rode around with just the stock headers on and besides it being freaking noisy as hell it ran fine...so i find it hard to believe it has to do with back pressure...

Back