Blanca's sputtering :(

I think I found it. Checking plugs 3 out of 4 were almost so loose I didn't even need ratchet to turn them. Soon as it I put ratchet on there 3 of them required almost zero effort on ratchet to loosen them. 4th one still fairly secure. I took em out looked at em and checked gap, all were right at .35

This is what all looked like.
9B777CFE-E345-4CA0-AFE6-EE93FFF55D7F-3409-0000054CAE2DA54C.jpg

Didn't find any loose wires or connections. So only the next ride will tell if that was it or not.

How old are those plugs brother ? If they're close to 8K , I would have replaced them. I run mine about 12K , but I'm a tight arse and $40 is a lot of money to me. :laugh:

I think I found it. Checking plugs 3 out of 4 were almost so loose I didn't even need ratchet to turn them. Soon as it I put ratchet on there 3 of them required almost zero effort on ratchet to loosen them. 4th one still fairly secure. I took em out looked at em and checked gap, all were right at .35

This is what all looked like.
9B777CFE-E345-4CA0-AFE6-EE93FFF55D7F-3409-0000054CAE2DA54C.jpg

Didn't find any loose wires or connections. So only the next ride will tell if that was it or not.

Wow. That center electrode looks awful worn/thin. ??? I think you're on the right track and that Justin gets a nod on this one. :)

While those plugs are technically in "usable condition", they look like they need to go!! Wont hurt to replace them!!!

If that dont work,

+1 on the fuel filter :laugh:

Wow. That center electrode looks awful worn/thin. ??? I think you're on the right track and that Justin gets a nod on this one. :)

Plugs have about 10k on them. But to my recollection the electrode was skinny and pointy on them when new? Who's got a new NGK iridium they can check for me?

But I'll swap some new ones in there in about five yrs when I can afford it :laugh:
J/k ill do it ASAP, preventative maintenance can't hurt.

I'm pretty sure I found the skip :please:
Similar thing happened before. Last time I was the one who tightened them up.
This time around Blais Cycle did.
I wonder how it is they keep loosening up?

Cool TBB that's what I thought.
It was only a few weeks ago she was on dyno and made all rhe power

Did you have those plugs in there for the original Dyno? Still a good idea to run some Seafoam through the tank every now and then.

I guess it's .035 no pro.
Kickstand switch is good and goes in and out fine
BOTS IM IGNORING YOU :)
Blaster this is second set of plugs, I changed them last yr sometime?

Do me a favor, replace your plugs and put a few hundred miles on it and then pull your plugs again. If they are dark i would be questioning the tune as it would show a rich condition now if they are the proper "honey" color then awesome. Technically if you have a high knock rate it could vibrate the plugs loose although ive never seen it. I still think your fuel filter is clogged.

Well I just got lucky and found an entire fuel pump/filter assy on ebay for $175. It came off a bike with 200 miles that was switched over to a race bike.. woot!! :thumbsup:

Back