Blanca's sputtering :(

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Not constantly but ill be riding along and then.....

Baaaaaaaaaaaa bup bup baaaaaaaaaaaaa bup baaaaaaaaaa...

Rode for about thirty minutes no problems out to lake and even ran her thru the gears kinda hard :).
On way back she started sputtering off and on. Runs fine when not sputtering and then she does but only for a millisecond or so and back on again. Not cutting off just bucking.
NO CODE or FI light.

Same thing happened other day.

Obviously I'm gonna check as many wires and electrical connections as possible as well as coils.
Hoping to find a simple loose battery terminal or coil wire.
But any other ideas would be appreciated. Have to wait till tonight to work on it.

Mmmm I don't know. I was almost empty other day and thought it was sputtering because she was low.
Filled it up today from a different station with four gallons and rode about 80 miles. I think if it was bad gas it would be more constant? I had bad gas before if you remember and she wouldn't even run, in fact she stalled out a little ways away from home and I coasted in.
But today I rode almost 40 miles back with it bucking in and out.
Not something that got worse as I went just every minute or so she'd sputter for a bit and then come right back to normal?

sounds like some trash in the filter or a bad injector.

I'm hoping its something simple I can find and fix.

And if anyone doesn't believe in you know who he proved himself to me today because once again he and Blanca got me home safe and not stranded. I was doing a lot of praying for sure.

See I didn't refer to his name out of respect for the non believers :)

I rode today to work myself - 1st ride in probably 60 days on my Busa. Sure felt nice!

check your fuel filter, you ran her low which means any sediments that were floating around before are now stuck on your filter and if its not throwing a code most likely its the filter. If it was a coil connector a injector connector or anything else it would most likely throw a code after doing it 2-3 times. So imo pull the filter check everything out and give it a run.

Just curious, on the Gen2 is the filter on the pump in the tank?

Yes it is.

And I agree with the above - plugged fuel filter or pick up screen. Pull the assy from the tank, pull of the pick up screen and blow it out with compressed air from the inside. Then take the sealed filter off, and back flush it using clean gas. I used a squeeze bottle with a piece of 5/16 fuel line. That helped for a bit, but mine is running crappy again, so now I'm going to replace the pick up screen since it was really dirty. If that doesn't help, then I will need the fuel filter too.

Could be the color 'cause it never happened on my black one before. :laugh: j/k

A couple of things that come to mind, do you have an alarm? Have to checked to make sure the tip over switch is not loose?

15 k on bike around about.
No alarm.
Yes flipping fuel filter is in tank :banghead:
All other stuff up to date.

I'm really hoping its a loose wire somewhere :please:
Really really don't want to mess with fuel pump and all.
Did that once when I replaced the tank before. The gasket and snaking fuel pump out of tank was worrisome to say the least. Then I got it all back together and fuel gauge didn't work. Off again and out, back together and gauge still didn't work. So in frustration I slapped the tank and viola the gauge worked. Guess the float was stuck?
If it does turn out to be something not simple or loose ill limp it down to Blais and let them fool with it.
I still got a favor or two due. :)

A couple of things that come to mind, do you have an alarm? Have to checked to make sure the tip over switch is not loose?

Where is this on a GenII so I can check it as well?

Got my daughters semi final volleyball game at four and Adams soccer game at six, after that it will be 1st grade reading and 8th grade math :hide: , after that ill be brain fried and wait till the house quiets down around ten. Then I'll address the patient :)

Back