best tires?

psdiesel911

Registered
Hey guys i was wondering what the best tire is for street use. I have it extended 6 inches and i am not flying through the twisties by any means. I have pilot powers on there now and i like them a lot but it seems that the rear has worn pretty quickly. Being as the hayabusa is my first bike i am not sure if that is typical or not.

Your gonna get a different answer from nearly every member on here as most of it is personal preference. My self I like the shinko 003 and 005 tires. never had any problems with them. I get prolly 3k miles or so from the rear but I dont baby them by any means.

Your gonna get a different answer from nearly every member on here as most of it is personal preference. My self I like the shinko 003 and 005 tires. never had any problems with them. I get prolly 3k miles or so from the rear but I dont baby them by any means.

exactly right, ask 10 members get 10 answers.
It seems to be a personal preference. Sorry no definitive answer is out there.:please::banghead::whistle::laugh:

exactly right, ask 10 members get 10 answers.
It seems to be a personal preference. Sorry no definitive answer is out there.:please::banghead::whistle::laugh:

Agreed! Why we'd like to give you the perfect answer....there just isn't one. Keep doing some research and use your best judgment. The pilots would NOT be a bad replacement. Just sayin'.....

Shinko's work reat for what it sounds like your ride style is,and the new power ones are great..lmk if i can assist you..

BTO16 on the front and a BTO21 on the rear is becoming pretty popular up here. I'm going to mount a set on one of our bikes soon. Mileage is good and performance is better than the average touring setup.

thanks a lot guys... i had shinkos on there when i bought it i am not sure which ones but if i hit the throttle the rear tire would break loose at the top of 1st every time. i havent had that problem with the pilot powers but being as the busa is my only means of transportation right now (once the engine is put back together long story...) so the pilot powers will get pricey. I appreciate all the recommendations fellas

The best tires are easily the ones that stay on the ground :laugh: no really it depends on what you want out of your tire

Guess What! I am going to give you the answer to all of the above.
No matter what tire you get, it will never EVER last as long as you want on a Busa.
I don't care what you ride like, there is always a way to wear this puppy out.:laugh:
It is just the nature of the beast to get less than 10,000 miles on a set.
I know many have more and they are the exception, not the rule.
So flame away, boys
But ride safe
Bubba

I have a 08 the stock tire made it almost 7k dunlop quali 3k shinko raven 2k pilot power 4k second set of pilots need replaced with 4k will prob use that dual compound pilot more $ supposed to last longer

Back