Best tires for Hayabusa

I ended up with Q3's and I love them. Leaps and bounds better feeling than the BT015s that I took off. I've only got about 300 miles of light-duty riding on them so far, but traction at all angles is excellent. The price on them was impressive too.

Hey thanks for the thoughts :beerchug:

I have had so many different Brands on mine....In my case i need MAX corner grip...the Dunlop Q2's rocked for me...but don't last too long.
Shinko's tried to kill me in a turn once.. great for the Drag's....never again.
2 track day's on the Q2's....awesome.. now i have Q3's but have not been on a track with them....trying to take it easy on acceleration..so they may last abit...in the curves they stick very very well......totally trustworthy...with the new carbon fiber in the side wall's....= zero flex.....or so.
Just roll into a curve...very nice feed back through bars and seat....
I'm 62 1/2....

Q3s such an awesome upgrade from the stock Bridgestones! Did you go with 190/55s too? I just bought D211s, 190/60. I can't wait, even more grip!!!

Another what tire should I buy question....:hide:

But seriously which one? :thumbsup:

I don't care about longevity, only grip. Unfortunately I don't ride a ton...

Thanks!

Okay, replied to the wrong post. Sorry! That's what I get for replying from my cell.

Those Q3s are wonderful! What size did you get for the rear? I went with 190/55.

Just ordered a set of pirelli angel GT tyres for my 08 hope I made the right choice then again it must be better whats on the bike at the moment i don't like em conti sport attack front and rear :thumbsup:

2013, 2014, 2015... Still Going !!

9769383651_d045542c2a_o.jpg

Just ordered a set of pirelli angel GT tyres for my 08 hope I made the right choice then again it must be better whats on the bike at the moment i don't like em conti sport attack front and rear :thumbsup:

This is my first year on Pirelli Angel GT's. I had a Pilot Power 1' previously and I didn't get a season out of them.
So far the Angel GT's have exceeded my expectations. LOVE them.

My 2 Cents

I'm running the mich pp3 up front and Avon cobra rear. Red allot about the pp3's and am going to put them on my buell also. Seems like a really good all around high performance tire

Just replaced my pp4 rear (55profile), so stoked that I got 8000miles from it best mileage ive ever had on any bike.
Front still has good life in it.

Why switch to 190/55 when stock is 190/50?

50 vs 55 Brian is the aspect ratio 50-55% height of the width of 190 mm so with a 55 ratio it raises the back of the bike slightly a total of 9.5 mm = a raise of 4.75mm making turn in somewhat quicker . It also lowers total RPM's about 50 affecting your gearing ratio very slightly .

Thanks for this thread, I'm in the market to replace my stock front tire with 5200 miles. I don't dig the 250 on my rear now, so when that's done I'll go back with a 240 and basing my front tire choices on what's offered so I will have a matching set.

Initially I was going to go back with Shinko 005's. I had them on my Gen1 and first 240 rear on the Gen2 till I got a hole in it. Reading, it doesn't sound like 005 would be a good choice and I should spend a little more for a better tire. Obviously I'm more of a straight line rider, but do want some confidence (as much as I can anyways) in the corners. I'm looking at the Pirelli Diablo Rosso's since they offer a 240 and people on this thread recommend it. But....I saw a couple pictures of a Pirelli Diablo Rosso's 240/40 on a Hayabausa on Google and it looked funny compared to the 240 and 250 I've ran already. I'm not sure why though, maybe the angle? Anyone have any pictures of them mounted in stock or 240 size??

Back