Best tires for Hayabusa

I bought the pilot power 3, pp3 for my 08, love the tire but I'm sure longevity will suffer but I want grip n not slip for that piece of mind. It took me a while to decide which to get, the pilot roads 2 or 3 or pilot powers 3.... I commute 20 miles a day to n from work but I act a fool on the bike sometimes so the reason I went for more grip with the powers. Sometimes I still think about the pilot roads but not enough to regret not getting them until its time to replace the powers .... Then ill be saying I should've got the pilot roads. I bought regular pilot powers for my 99 as I liked them on my other busa. It has shinkos that suck period. Regular pilot powers are cheaper but not cheap on grip though. You can drag knee

Running Michelin PR3's , tremendous rain tire, all the grip I'll ever need, and I'm suppose to get 15K out of them. I've only had them on for a couple thousand miles or so. Another individual is on his third set and claims 15K.

15K miles out of a PR3? Really? I could barely get 8K miles on a PR3 on my old GSX750F, so with my Busa due in a couple of weeks I'm pondering new rubber already...leaning towards PP3 since grip is more important than tire life to me.

ordered a pair of Dunlop Roadsmarts. Ill let you know what I think. There arent many corners in Florida, so Ill prolly wear out the centers first. When I lived close to the Sierras, i went thru tires like butter.

I just got 8800 miles out of a set of Pilot 2cts I have another set on order. :beerchug:

Got 8500 on my stock Bridgestones. I liked the look of the Avon Storms Ultra 2's, so I switched to them. Went from size 190 stock to 200 tire in the process (wanted a wider look). Currently have 6700 miles on the Avon's & tread pattern still looks decent. I love the ride on the Avon's.

15K miles out of a PR3? Really? I could barely get 8K miles on a PR3 on my old GSX750F, so with my Busa due in a couple of weeks I'm pondering new rubber already...leaning towards PP3 since grip is more important than tire life to me.

The tire mileage will depend upon the composition of the road surface that one normally rides on, their riding style, their weight, the weight of their passenger/luggage, the speeds that they normally ride and any number of additional factors. Unfortunately, that's what makes most discussions about "What Tire is Best?" little more than a regularly recurring, rather pointless discussion on any forum.

As evidence, I was able to get almost 20,000 miles out of PR3s on my FJR1300 but also knew of many FJR1300 riders who could barely manage 5,000 miles.

At the end of the day, tires are a disposable item and it makes sense to try which ever ones that you're interested in because they're going to wear out and you can then try something else.

Love the power one's but burnouts don't help with longevity :). Just got 2 spares.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back