Best Tires?

HayabusaEPT

Registered
I am about to order new RC rims for my busa. Want new tires. Love the twisties. Which tires are the best for the twisties? any feedback helps guys. Thanks
super.gif

It depends on how hard you are riding?... I would suggest Perelli Corsas or if you ride hard Metzeler Rennsports. Good luck!

I should of added a lil more info.
type.gif
I use my bike regualrly, put about 200miles every Sunday. I think I ride pretty hard. Lean quite a bit. So Im told from the other riders. Use it occasionaly during the week.  From El Paso TX, weather is warm year round. People around here say the Michelin Pilot Sports are good.  Any opinions on thise tires?  Thanks for the help guys

<!--EDIT|HayabusaEPT
Reason for Edit: "added info"|1072812789 -->

The Pilot Sports were the best all around tire as far as mileage and grip. The other two I listed will out do them on grip. The perelli's will come close on the mileage. No really bad tires out there right now. The busa because she is so heavy will eat more than her share...

Michelin Pilot sport or race are the best Ive ridden on, but Ive heard alot of good things about the rennsports

Best tires for good grip and mileage [ last longer ]. Would be Pirelli Diablo, Michelin Sport,Metzler Sportech . For more grip and less mileage . Pirelli Diablo Corsa, Michelin H2 Race, Pirelli SuperCorsa, Metzler Rennsports. No particular order here all three brands are first rate. The Pirelli Diablo and Michelin Sport are standard equipment on the some of the best superbikes in the world. Michelin also makes the HPX which is rated for high speed like 200 plus. HPX is for high horespower high speed bikes Busa, ZX12, 1100XX but it won't corner as well as the others. The SuperCorsa's and Rennsport's are DOT street legal and come in different compounds for track use.

I got the Pilot Sport HPXs. I am very satisfied with them. They are great at everything... And they last a long time. They just take a bit longer to warm up than most street tires. They have a very average profile. As for them not handling as well as the normal pilots...I doubt it but am not sure. They have the same profile.

If you want to carve it up a lot, I would definately go for the H2s. I bet the Busa would eat a rear H2 very quickly though.... They have a very "pointy" profile which puts more rubber on the road in a steep lean. Also has a lot quicker turn-in. I personally am running a Pilot Race H2 up front, and a Sport HPX rear. That way I get the best of both worlds, great corner turn-in from the H2, and get a few miles out of th HPX. The HPX on my busa does slip occasionally when I am pushing it pretty hard, but it is almost predictable. It appears that I am going to have the change them at about the same time rather than 2 rears per 1 front tire. I don't mind, I love the way it handles. I will give a better mileage report when I am burned through them.

Hopes this helps,

Bill

You can't go wrong as long as you stay away from DUNFLOPS... They suck big time on da BUSA!

my buddie has mich. pilot sports on his and I put pirrelis on mine . the pirrelis are not as wide for being 190s as the pilots but i'm impressed with the grip .

I have am running the pilot sport on the rear and have been very happy with it. It has a 1000 or so miles on it so far and seems to be wearing evenly

For the price and the grip; Metzler Sportech M1's, in the Bay Area front for $92.00 and the rear $131.  I have them on my busa and my Duc.  The tires warm and scrub in very quickly very flickable great traction wet and dry very good grip when the brakes are applied(you may fly of the bike before the tire breaks loose when the tire is at temp and the road conditions are good) I average 5k for the front and around 2k to 2.5k on the rear so roughly 1 front to 2 rears.
hot.gif

You can't go wrong as long as you stay away from DUNFLOPS...  They suck big time on da BUSA!
haha, my favorites are the "dunflop" 208zr's warm up quickly, last well, and gots enough gripption for me... although sometime they rear does like to kick out a little early... maybe more a over zealous throttler than the tire though

Will be putting on a Bridgeston 010 next week when the weather warms up I post a report on milage and handling

Hey guys, went ahead with the Pilots. Love the tires. If they grip this good in cold weather, imagine in warm. Can't wait...
biggrin.gif

You can't go wrong as long as you stay away from DUNFLOPS...  They suck big time on da BUSA!
haha, my favorites are the "dunflop" 208zr's warm up quickly, last well, and gots enough gripption for me... although sometime they rear does like to kick out a little early... maybe more a over zealous throttler than the tire though
What else have you tried? The HPXs kill the 208ZRs in my opinion. They have was less corner turn in, I had to "push" my busa through the corners more with em.

hrmm....Maybe I should look into this. I was thinking about the Pirelli Diablos. Stays warm here year round, so whaddya think about those tires for warm weather? Also, how do they work on wet conditions?

Back