Best tires for street riding?

Everyone has their favorites.

Personally, I like to get my monies worth. :laugh:

Img_2487_Cords.jpg

Img_2487_Cords.jpg

Currently I have BT-016 and I have done 5000 miles on them, which is still ok for another 4000. I do lots of highway riding (commuting to work, etc.) with track days on the occasions. I like them, for the price you pay they are great, way better then stock.

For the twisties i would go for BT015/16. But if like me you do a lot of road riding 2 up with the bulk of it in the vertical position,i highly recommend the Michelin Pilot Road 2. Had these for the last 1500 miles and v happy with them.:thumbsup:

I have alway's used metzler's (sport touring compound's) on all my sportbike's, changing from stock bridgstone's to roadtec z6 interact's made a noticable difference in ride quality, and wet condition's, i dont exactly scrap my peg's alot but do ride agressivly now and then. They alway's have a consistent feel to them, they are awesome in the rain and i get very good mileage out of them, pirelli's would be my second choice, michelin's third. It all boil's down to what kind of riding you do. :beerchug:

Currently I have BT-016 and I have done 5000 miles on them, which is still ok for another 4000. I do lots of highway riding (commuting to work, etc.) with track days on the occasions. I like them, for the price you pay they are great, way better then stock.
that is amazing mileage out of the 016

Am amazed at how much miles you guys are getting out of your tires. I just hit 3000km (1900 miles) on my Busa with the stock BT015s & looks like I have roughly 1000km max before a tire change. Am leaning towards the BT021s cos I don't do aggressive corners. The Pilot Roads looks good but there is still lots of life on my front tires.

Comments are welcome

Avon Storms all the way. I got about 5000 miles on mine and they still got a little to go. Very predictable handling. The harder compound in the center of the tread makes them last but they grip really good when you're leaning it into the turns and riding on the softer sides of the tire.

I got 10,000 miles out of my stock tires. 6000 miles on take off tires-really nice sticky tires for twisties.i'll be getting the same tires again.

I was running the stock 014's on my 600. Only got 1900 miles out of the first set. Went with another set that lasted 2100 miles :( I've ran 3 sets of 016's... which I've found to be the perfect tire for my riding style. Currently I'm on my 2nd set of Diablos (damn good deal at cycle gear & couldnt pass up). The diablos just doesnt grip or hold a line very well in the canyons. I'd feel much more confident with the 016's. This is all on my 2007 GSXR 600. As for the hayabusa I'm reading in anticipation awaiting more of your reviews. I'm sure I'll be going through tires on the busa just as fast :(

The 600 will be kept as my canyon carver/track bike.
The busa I plan on turning into my sport touring bike. I'd like to put about 10K-15K a year on the bikes. Mostly just weekend riding around California.

I run Dunlop D616 in the winter here in Washington state, wonderful rain tire. Heats up well in 40 deg weather. Have to set up the suspention a little softer for them.

normaly run Dunlop 208GP Star Q2 in summer but will be trying the BT016/015 this spring, summer.

Dunlop sportmax Q2 and will allways go with them. A great all around tire and a duel compound. Got 8500 out of my 1st set

Am amazed at how much miles you guys are getting out of your tires. I just hit 3000km (1900 miles) on my Busa with the stock BT015s & looks like I have roughly 1000km max before a tire change.

Daaaaamn dude...you must have a right wrist like 15 year old boy looking at pictures of nekked women!

Last edited:
What are the best tires for street riding? I dont like the stock tires, I do alot of highway riding with some twisties, but more highway and through town. Suggestions? I had reg power pilots when I had my R1 and they werent bad, heard the pp 2 ct are good. What about the Hpx ? Help me out ladies and gents!:beerchug:
Try the new 2ct michelin pure

Back