Tires

I would recommend Michelin Road Pilot 2. No compalints so far and they are lasting much longer than the original BT015.
With regards to Motorcylce acidents, i don't know what the figures for the States are but here in the UK the majority of crashes are caused by rider error with the bike failing to make the corner. No other vehicles involved. Tyre choice had nothing to do with it, failure to read the road ahead and riding too fst for the conditions are the main causes. Don't get me wrong, crashes do involve other vehicles aswell but again they are the minority.

Alway a moot point, tyre choice. But i have alway stuck with ST tyres on the bikes i have had and they have never let medown. IMHO If you really want to push the envelope on your Busa keep it on the track and off the road. Ride safe guys.

I'm surprised at how many guys run old school tires such as Dunlop 208, Bridgestone BTO14, Michelin PP & 2ct, Pirelli Diablo etc. Tires are like computers, what's hot today soon becomes out dated and old school.

As Dadofthree says, there are lots of good tires out there so do your research and choose wisely.

There are two performance tires that have my attention for the upcoming season, Dunlops Qualifier 2 and Bridgestones BTOO3. Both tires are getting rave reviews. These two tires may be the HOT performance tire for 2010!

My favorite performance street tire has been Dunlop's Qualifier. If the new Q2 is an upgrade as it appears to be, this will be a great confidence inspiring tire. However, by the sounds of your question it appears a dual compound touring tire may be your best bet for mileage and enough side grip to satisfy your cornering needs.

My next set of busa tires will be Bridgestones BTO16 front and BTO21 rear! I'm sure whatever you choose will work just fine! :beerchug:

I dont think so.You missed out the pirelli diablo rosso corsa,metzeler K3 ractec interact and michellin latest power pure if i am not wrong.I am going to change to the latest metzeler ractec K3 interact soon.

I would recommend Michelin Road Pilot 2. No compalints so far and they are lasting much longer than the original BT015.
With regards to Motorcylce acidents, i don't know what the figures for the States are but here in the UK the majority of crashes are caused by rider error with the bike failing to make the corner. No other vehicles involved. Tyre choice had nothing to do with it, failure to read the road ahead and riding too fst for the conditions are the main causes. Don't get me wrong, crashes do involve other vehicles aswell but again they are the minority.

Alway a moot point, tyre choice. But i have alway stuck with ST tyres on the bikes i have had and they have never let medown. IMHO If you really want to push the envelope on your Busa keep it on the track and off the road. Ride safe guys.

Makes sense indeed.But i prefer stickers tyres for that extra confidence to feel the sticky grip on the high speed corners.

Dunlop Qualifiers are garbage on heavy bikes like the Busa. Fronts are usually cupped after a 1000 miles.

??

I loved my Qualies.. they went away quickly, but so have all the other skins I've tried. The Qualifiers went 2300 miles including one track day for me..

Like Tufbusa said, if the Q2's are all they're cracked up to be, they might be my next set of tires.

Does anyone know the actual specs?
ie; is the center a harder compound than the std Qualie..and the sides roughly the same? Or is the center like the std and the sides softer?...

anyone?

bueller?

??

I loved my Qualies.. they went away quickly, but so have all the other skins I've tried. The Qualifiers went 2300 miles including one track day for me..

Like Tufbusa said, if the Q2's are all they're cracked up to be, they might be my next set of tires.

ie; is the center a harder compound than the std Qualie..and the sides roughly the same? Or is the center like the std and the sides softer?...

anyone?

bueller?

:: Specs :: DUNLOP - SPORTMAX Q2

The new Q2 incorporates race-tested advancements that add up to a vastly superior tire equally at home on the street or the track.

+ Intuitive Response Profile (IRP) technology in the rear tire intuitively allows the rider greater latitude in line choice while cornering and provides amazingly linear steering no matter what shape, speed or camber the corner, and at all lean angles.

+ Radical new profile puts down a bigger footprint at extreme lean angles while also allowing greater lean angles and higher corner speeds to provide substantially better grip and handling.

+ Dunlop’s advanced Multi-Tread technology combines the benefits of a tough, long-wearing center compound for increased mileage with a special lateral-grip compound on each shoulder for superior cornering traction.

+ New carcass construction in both the front and rear tires includes newly designed continuous hex beads that are both lighter and stronger to enhance steering response in the front tire and increase cornering stability in both tires.

+ Q2 rear tire features a newly developed, stiffer version of Dunlop’s Jointless Band (JLB) construction that utilizes a continuously wound aramid belt for reduced carcass distortion, plus stiffer overall construction to meet high-performance demands and provide a more consistent contact patch.

??

anyone?

bueller?

Here's the Dunlop Q2 Press Release kit:

Attachments

• Dunlop SportMax Q2.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 297
most of those are mostly for advertisement purposes.Not really advisable to believe.Best to ask feedback from riders whom they have used or currently using whom you can trust thier feedback and judgement

most of those are mostly for advertisement purposes.Not really advisable to believe.Best to ask feedback from riders whom they have used or currently using whom you can trust thier feedback and judgement

Oh Lordy, apparently you are not fond of Dunlop. You are aware that Dunlop tires have won more races than all the other tires combined? So most folks would assume that dunlop knows a little something about tires, eh?

And, since you are choosing a better high performance tire for your next set of skins by mounting a set of Metzeler's, maybe you are unaware that Metzeler is a knockoff company of Pirelli? Yep, since Pirelli tires are all on the spendy side they compete in the less expensive market with their Metzeler line. Metzeler is a good everyday tire for the masses but few would place these tires in the high performance catagory. From your post, I'm sure you wouldn't believe their website hype for advertisement purposes, eh?

Whatever tire you choose, I'm sure it will serve your purposes just fine! :beerchug:

Back