Bashing tires.

Giger102867

Registered
I will be coming from Chicago for the spring bash in NC. I will also be visting relatives since I'm down that way. All told I figure milage will be about 2,000. Tires will be fresh/new tires with the pre trip scuffing up. I am torn between the Avon Storm ST AV55 and AV56 , the Michelin Pilot Road 2 Dual Compound Tires , and the Michelin Pilot Power Pure Tires. The Michelin Pilot Road 2 say they outdo the Avons, the Avon's state the same as the Road Pilot 2's, And the Michelin Pure's are so new they are not even on the Michelin's website yet. Contact patch are about the same between the Michelin's pure, road pilot 2's and the Avons. The added trackion would be nice for the twisties, but then....:banghead::banghead:

Just me, I havent tried the others, but I got 10000 out of my last set of Michelin pilot rosa 2s, have 4000 on this set and they still look good. I ride to and from work during the week and hit deals gap and the N GA mountains on most weekends. I love these tires. good luck with your choice. :)

You'll want the extra traction at the Bash. It's well worth sacrificing some mileage, but that's only my opinion. I run Pilot Power 2CTs, but may try the Pures this Spring.

Yes you for sure want good traction at the dragon it makes for good fun. :thumbsup:

Back