Good all round tire?

88turborx7

Registered
Hi, I was wondering what the members can recommend as a good all around, long lasting rear tire for my '06. I read a few threads were people recommended the Michelin Pilot Power C2 and the Avon Storm 2 Ultra...any more?

I am on my second Avon storm on the rear and find them to be most adequate!

Last edited:
Welcome to the oRg. Asking what is the best tire is like asking what is the best oil. :laugh: You will get alot of opinions. I run the Avon Storms. I like them so far, good mileage and good stick, had them on one track day so far. I have debated about the Dunlops Q2's or the Continental Street Attacks. I have also looked at the BT-016's. If I never plan to do another track day, I would stick with the Storms, but since I would like a little more bite, I may switch. It really depends on your riding style. How do you normally ride and what do you use your bike for?

Welcome to the oRg. Asking what is the best tire is like asking what is the best oil. :laugh: You will get alot of opinions. I run the Avon Storms. I like them so far, good mileage and good stick, had them on one track day so far. I have debated about the Dunlops Q2's or the Continental Street Attacks. I have also looked at the BT-016's. If I never plan to do another track day, I would stick with the Storms, but since I would like a little more bite, I may switch. It really depends on your riding style. How do you normally ride and what do you use your bike for?

They would be strictly for the street, no track days and it would most likely be long touring rides.

I've run through two sets of Storms... great tires :thumbsup:

Currently I'm running the new Pirelli Angels, and I've gotta say they rock!! Probably will try the Conti Attacks next though, just to give them a whirl :cheerleader:

Basically, just try a few out and eventually you'll find the tire that best suits you (your riding style) - good luck bro and BTW, :welcome:

Thanks for the warm welcome! Right now there is a Metzeler Sportec M3 on the rear but is pretty worn and I haven't put on a lot of miles since I bought the bike last September, so I can't say if I like it or not. The Pilot Power C2's look interesting as it is about $150 shipped. Where is a good place to buy?

I run Avon Storms on both my Busa and my Bandit. Like TTV said, very good wet and dry tire. I get around 8,000 miles out of a set.

I'm running Shinko 009 Ravens, they grip great and some people are reporting very high mileage with them. Apparently their wet weather prowess is better than average and you can pick up a pair from numerous places (including eBay) for ~$175. I will probably switch to them from now on if that's an indication of how happy I am with them.

I don't think you are going to find a better all round tire when you count all those factors. The Storms are at least $35 more expensive per set.

08Shinko009RavenRadialMD.gif

Last edited:
Pirelli Diablo Strada's for all-around year-long touring, just my opinion :beerchug:

Back