Michelin new Power 1 race tire also for the street

mike1180

Banned
Michelin has a new track tire that is also designed for the street.

Power 1.

Looks awesome:

Cambrian Tyres - Michelin Power 1

Michelin´s new motorcycle racing tyre - Power one

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/28/394/19753/ITEM/Michelin-Power-One-2CT-Rear-Tire.aspx

Michelin Power One 2 CT Tire

All-new Michelin Power One tire with two compound technology brings genuine racing technology to the most demanding street and track-day riders. By adapting their MotoGP proven race technology, Power One tires will deliver performance levels nearing those of actual World Championship winning tires.

Street-Legal tire with a "95% slick" tread pattern that helps to maximize contact patch
Newly developed rubber compounds improve warm-up time and grip in cooler temperatures
2 CT: Two Compound Technology
CDT: Competition Design Technology
SCT: Synthetic Component Technology

Last edited:
Can police even identify the difference between a road legal tire and illegal tire?

I guess you can't run slicks on the road, but that is the only rule right?

Can police even identify the difference between a road legal tire and illegal tire?

I guess you can't run slicks on the road, but that is the only rule right?

There is probably some rule about "Tread depth" to identify a worn out tire.
If there is no tread to begin with, then they could say it was worn out, and I guess nobody could tell if it was new or totally spent?

Tread pattern looks about like a Stinko, shouldn't be any legal problems.
My main wonder is how long they'll last. Will they go 2500-3000 miles like a regular sport tire, or are they 800 mile to the cords, gumball specials????

$400+ a month for tires would be a little beyond my po' white trash financial means.:laugh:

Last edited:
Back