Tire Question

rbpolley

Registered
I am new to this forum. Hope this questions is not repetative.
I installed Metzler Sportec M, P rated and it looks like all I will get is 5000 kilometers or 3000 miles ourt of the rear. I don't ride all that fast--usually moderate agressive. I do live in a area where summer temperatures are typically 80-90 degrees. I keep the tire at 40 psi. I am wondering if I made a bad choice. I am thinking about putting a Michelin Pilot Sport HPX on as a replacement or even a set.
Suggestions?

well i switched my rear out to a BT021 sport tour (still Z rated) im fairly hard on my rear tires with hard accel but no burnouts and im gonna get about 7000kms out of it,so its far better than the stock tire in whick i got 5200kms out of. my .02

HPX will last about the same...try either the Avon Storms or Michelin Pilot Road 2...Bridgestone BT 021, Dunlop Roadsmart, Pirelli Strada...these are all good choices too :beerchug:
Posted via Mobile Device

Welcome!

:welcome:

I seem to only get about 7,000 kms out of most sets of the "Sport" type tires.
I like the idea of the extra stickyness and like to have a new set on at about that time.
The longer a tire lasts, the harder the rubber and I would rather have the soft and sticky.
JMO

Good Luck!

HPX will last about the same...try either the Avon Storms or Michelin Pilot Road 2...Bridgestone BT 021, Dunlop Roadsmart, Pirelli Strada...these are all good choices too :beerchug:
Posted via Mobile Device
might add the Pirelli Angel to that list... seems to be getting pretty decent reviews so far...

might add the Pirelli Angel to that list... seems to be getting pretty decent reviews so far...

Yes another good choice...not sure about how available it might be...I was shopping recently online for tires and did not see anyone that had it in stock.

Not mileage question but more a "stability" question - came to Busa from V-Max - Max felt more "stable" while riding on california's grooved roads - Busa feels just a bit twitchy - asked dealer, their answer was that Max tire was "flatter" (not as rounded) thus felt more stable - any suggestions on tire that would solve my concern or should I just get use to the new feeling - thanks - (have put 6,000 miles on Busa and still have that twitchy feel)

Had a Metzler tire on the rear one time. It was a great rolling burn out tire. Had fun with it and never looked back. I rode The Michelin dual compound tires for a long time and like them. Our riding style is similar and the dual compound gave me great grip in the corners while the harder center allowed me to make @ 5K miles.

My riding isn't as aggressive as it used to be and I'm running the Avon Storm AV/56 on the rear with the factory front right now. It seems to be a really good tire and I'm hoping to get better than 5K miles out of it.

:welcome: to the oRg. and yes, you can do a search on this subject and find plenty of threads.

Back