Tires

fast1200gp

Registered
Looking to replace stock tires ,have about 4500 miles on them cant believe i went so long,,,just looking for soem feed back,,looking at m-3's or pilot powers what do u guys think,,and whats the deal with the pilot power hpx? thanks

I'm going to try some BT 015's off of a stock 07 GSXR 1000. I'm getting them cheap from a racer. I like the Pilot Powers on my 04 GSXR 1000. They totally changed the way I rode my bike. stick like glue . I f you do track days or lots of back roads I would definately give them try. Bet price is at SportbikeTrackgear.com.

Go with the M3's they are awesome tires. I am running PP right now but I am going to get the M3 next.

HPX
bowdown.gif
Beautiful tires, 200 rear!!

Moving from stock cr*p to pilot's is extreme... be careful. The angle of the tires is much different and she'll corner much faster. Take your time to get used to them.

I went from stock to qualifiers then to Pilot's and will be going back to Qualifiers when it's time. The bike falls too easy into the corners for my taste and I feel less control with the pilots. I'd guess if you're doing track days you'd want them, but most of my time is in the canyons and I feel more comfortable with a little less "flickability".

my $.02

..., trip

I've been wondering if I should try a Pilot Road for some mileage gains over the PPs I've had two of, both showing threads just before 5,000 miles. Since the first 3-4,000 miles will be loaded up and touring anyway, seems to make sense huh? I've heard that the new Pilot Road 2Ct isn't available till August but I want to try that one next. The front PP with 4,897 on it should last thru another rear...probably.

Ran PP prior to the Pirelli Daiblos - great grip & got 5k out of the back tire. The Pirelli's took longer to warm up & only got 2400k out of rear before cords were exposed.

I just put a set of PP 2CT's on & rode 250 miles yesterday - turn in & great grip - easy knee dragging w/ the 2CT's

i went with the conti sport attacks gettin put on tomorrow cant wait to see how they do gotta be better than stock.
biggrin.gif

Back