New tire help

I run Dunlop Qualifiers and I like them a lot, still don't get but maybe 5K out of em but shouldn't have gotten a busa if you want long lasting tires... Weight + Power = big wear on tires

7500 miles on my original K8 flat spot just starting to develop. I use my busa to commute to and from work 122 mile everyday. I expect to get at least 10K + and I will replace them with Conti Attack that designed for commuter like myself.

BT016 if you like riding the twisties. I have about 2k on mine and they still have over 1/2 the tread left. PR2 if you do mostly commuting. :beerchug:

I just put a Pilot Road 2 on my 09 Busa and after I scrubbed it in it did awesome. I did notice that the harder center compound makes it a lot easier to lock the back tire up (almost kissed the back of a Grand Cherokee). But, that was my fault. I was worried about rolling burnouts, but none yet. Kind of pricey, but so far worth it. I'll be interested in seeing how many miles I get out of it. I'm praying that the middle doesn't fry like the other 2 tires I've had.

I just put a Pilot Road 2 on my 09 Busa and after I scrubbed it in it did awesome. I did notice that the harder center compound makes it a lot easier to lock the back tire up (almost kissed the back of a Grand Cherokee). But, that was my fault. I was worried about rolling burnouts, but none yet. Kind of pricey, but so far worth it. I'll be interested in seeing how many miles I get out of it. I'm praying that the middle doesn't fry like the other 2 tires I've had.

I've seen a few on here that wear out the outside of the tire before the center, but typically the center goes and the sides are in great shape. Aggravating isn't it :laugh:

My rear OEM tire was toast after 3000. I then went with the BR016 and have 2500 on the rear and it looks like it will go another 2500.

The stock tyres are not real bad. I've had an extra set laying, which was used yesterday on a track day. Even if they look a bit overheated, they didn't slide noticeable even when geeting the front wheel in air at corner exits.

Li'l Busa is real strong, I could overtake real sport bikes without problems on the home run and it behaved very well also in corners.

DSC00087.JPG

Last edited:
hi there i have used 2ct on my lasy 3 busa,s and my current gen 2 busa and would rate them very highly,all my riding is on the twisty stuff and get around 4000 miles to a rear which is very good,i changed the bridgstone after 1000 miles as i hated them.

Agree, Michelin 2CT's makes wonder to the handling of the bike. They have a better profile for turning and can be trusted for all road driving, dry or wet. On track it is a bit different, at some point, the rear will slide without warning when the tyre has been punished too much. But this may be the case with several road tyres on track. Here in Sweden 2CT's are blaimed for a lot of crashes on tracks, I guess it is some true in this. I have personally experienced the same on track with 2CT's but was lucky and didn't lowsided. They are definitly still top tyres on road. The combo 2CT front and PR II rear is also very good. This will be the combo I return to when the 015's are trashed.

They are Bridgestone BT015, the stock Busa tyres in Europe and also stock on GSX R 1000 -07, so they are not bad at all. Still, they are more oriented to stability than quick turn-in so I don't like them to much, especially since they don’t last well either. No question one can drive like a pig with them though, as with any modern sport tyre. The Michelin Power 2CT front PR II rear last a bit longer, handles better and provides better grip.

Another tyre that handles and last very well and wont disappoint anyone is the Dunlop Roadsmart, but this should be no news for this board, I haven’t read all posts.

BT016 if you like riding the twisties. I have about 2k on mine and they still have over 1/2 the tread left. PR2 if you do mostly commuting. :beerchug:
+1 and i have 3200 miles on her. grip is real good for hard cornering.

NOT!!! I just tossed one in the trash a few months ago. Made my bike spin all the way pass the 1/8th mile mark

The BT016 is a triple compound rear. It is harder in the middle and gets softer as you go to the outside of the tire. Probably not the best tire for drag racing, but is FANTASTIC if you ride the twisties.

The stock tyres are not real bad. I've had an extra set laying, which was used yesterday on a track day. Even if they look a bit overheated, they didn't slide noticeable even when geeting the front wheel in air at corner exits.

Li'l Busa is real strong, I could overtake real sport bikes without problems on the home run and it behaved very well also in corners.

Tire is OK, but keep oiling your chain :whistle:

Back