Best tires for street riding?

I ride about 160 a day round trip...the stock battle axes didnt feel great to me but I got 9k out of them blasting up and down I95 every day, second set were pilot powers, liked them ok and got about 4500 out of them. On a set of dunlop q2's now and realy like them, they have a solid feel to them, tight in the corners and with 2k on them they are holding up pretty well. The battle axes for longevity and the q2's for feel. probably going to stick with the q2s now if they make it to 4-5k.

Old thread, but still relevant. BT-016's all the way. The best street tires I have ridden on to date. 2000 miles on the Busa with those and looking good.

I got about 2000 miles out of the BTO15 AND BTO16 42psi front/rear. Before I lowered my bike I rode very hard on the street/ twisties, I never did any burn outs just hard on the throttle and yes they handled great for me but the BTO16 was supposed to last longer then the BTO15 :banghead: my opinion the BTO's suck for me should have gotten more miles out of them. Now I run the Metzler Z6 with Nitrogen and I love them no problems yet:thumbsup: 1500 miles and still look new:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Got a couple hundred miles now on my new 016's and boy, do the edges booger up fast.:laugh: I'm gonna like these tires.:thumbsup:

Anyone have a bt016 square off real fast on them? My rear has 1500 miles on it and the crown is gone and starting to square up already.

I love the tire, Huge improvement over the 015's but hoped it wouldn't square off as fast. My stock bt015 rear lasted 5500 miles, The front still has good tread but is wearing on one side faster then the other so i'm going to get a new tire soon.

I got 6000kms. Replaced my stock 015 to 016 at 3000kms then at 5000kms from my 016 to another set of 016. Love the grip to bits!

I personally think that you can't really out ride any decent tire on the street in normal conditions unless you are being a very bad boy :whistle:

I always have used PP 2CT's with no issues. No doubt there are better tires but the Michelins are a great compromise between good heatup, decent tread life, grip and cost.

Back