Best Street Tire

LA Busa

Top 5 Femme Moto Finisher
Donating Member
Registered
Yes.... I did a search!

I have set up two sets of wheels.
One set will have PP rubber for track and Dragon type applications - Michelin hands down on that front so I am good there.
The other, street / touring work - handling a secondary concern.

I live in the FLAT lands of LA and wanted to appeal to the masses here about a tire with a flatter profile / larger contact patch, harder compound that I can put on for commuting, interstate trips and riding along the beach in general... There was a member at the last Spring Bash on a copper / turbo Busa and he was running a tire that looked like a miniature car tire, very flat profile to no doubt help him with the HP of that bike. Something along that line maybe?

The longest lasting, best mannered tire so far has been the original Bridgestone set. Since I took those off I replace tires about every 5 months and am thinking, perhaps foolishly, that having a tire for each occasion might help.....
all_coholic.gif

That member would be Travis (fstbusa). You might check out tha Maxxis supermax tires. I get 5-7K miles on a rear and the cost is $112 from www.motoxoutlet.com

Perilli Diablo Corsa III...but you knew I would say that
smile.gif
Yeah, I knew that!

I am even looking at cruiser type rubber to spoon around the wheel but that probably wont work!

Saw a guy locally running some kind of Shinko tire, I think it was a 200mm and that tire had a really flat profile, not pointed so much like a pure sport bike tire.

These Busas are just so versatile and I know there is a great, two up, higher mileage touring type tire out there to suit that side of its personallity!

Give the shinko 009 ravens a try. Great mileage decent stick. Ridenow.com usually has the best prices but are slow to ship. Their tires also seem to be a bit wider than marked.

270 lbs with gear
sporty sport touring, no trackdays, drags or burn outs.
tires replaced upon reaching wear bars.
42 psi. at all times
all figures in kilometers
1 km = .62 miles

bridgestone stock bt56 5221
metzler z6 roadtec*    8033
conti. road attack     6282
diablo strada          4829
mich. pilot road       5972
bridgestone bt020      4002

* c spec tire for bikes greater than 540lbs wet weight.

I have not tried the 2 compound mich. pilot road. I doubt it would last longer than the older pilot road although it would stick much better. Nor have I tried the Avons storms.

Cruiser tires are hard to find in a 17" size. I would not use a cruiser tire as they tend to have very hard compounds.

For what's it's worth I liked the metzler the most. So much so I purchased four rears and two fronts just to have them on hand.

cheers
ken

The shinko fits your description, but I only got about 1500 miles on mine. That might have been from the occasional rolling 4K burnouts. My dealer mentioned a continental tire that would get 20K and was about $100.00. Might check into that.

The shinko fits your description, but I only got about 1500 miles on mine. That might have been from the occasional rolling 4K burnouts. My dealer mentioned a continental tire that would get 20K and was about $100.00. Might check into that.
I only got 6000 + kilometers on a conti road attack. Doubt you'd get 20+ thou miles on a conti (or on any tire that would fit a Busa ;) ).

cheers
ken

270 lbs with gear
sporty sport touring, no trackdays, drags or burn outs.
tires replaced upon reaching wear bars.
42 psi. at all times
all figures in kilometers
1 km = .62 miles

bridgestone stock bt56 5221
metzler z6 roadtec*    8033
conti. road attack     6282
diablo strada          4829
mich. pilot road       5972
bridgestone bt020      4002

* c spec tire for bikes greater than 540lbs wet weight.

I have not tried the 2 compound mich. pilot road. I doubt it would last longer than the older pilot road although it would stick much better. Nor have I tried the Avons storms.

Cruiser tires are hard to find in a 17" size. I would not use a cruiser tire as they tend to have very hard compounds.

For what's it's worth I liked the metzler the most. So much so I purchased four rears and two fronts just to have them on hand.

cheers
ken
Wow!

Thats awesome!

I'll go have a look at the Metzler sir, thanks for the info!

Yo Roberto!

Was the Shinko to which you refer the 009 Raven mentioned above?

No ,I had an advance 005 I believe, still in the garage. Hold on. Yeap Advance 005, It was fun, my riding buddies thought I had some engine work done. I really enjoyed those rolling 4K burns.
blush.gif

SHOCKED.gif
One of my long distance riding chums put a car tire on his Honda Valkerie. I couldn't beleive it when he and his wife, behind me, rode the Dragon,s tail at a pretty fair pace!

Personally, I like the Dunlap Qualifiers. Just another idea.

Back