Update on BT021 Tires

That is good to hear. I didn't have any handling issues with my 021s, but my front is burnt to the wear bars on both sides (middle is still pretty good) at 3600 miles while the rear is a little over half worn anywhere. I'll check the #s but I bet (know) mine came out of the bad batch.
I'll try calling them but doubtful that the're going to start replacing tires for everyone who calls in claiming "rapidly worn" front tires without an official recall in place. Ah well, doesn't really matter, I'm going Michelin next anyway.
they will know which tires are subject to the issue.. and yes, the sides wore much quicker than the center.. you can see a definite line where the compounds change..

That just about settles it. My next set of tires will be from them. I never heard of company in this time of stock prices and bottom lines actually having any customer service. Not a big company like this anyway. Thanks for the info

Might as well jump in on your thread Mr. B..... I had the same issue with my front tire and took pretty much the same route with a complaint. I lodged a respectful complaint via email and a regional rep from Bridgstone replied. No reason was given for the abnormal wear but I was offered a newer model front that I didn't turn down. I returned home from a 14 day trip to find this tire waiting for me.

Kudos to Bridgestone on their customer service and the way they stand behind their products.

bt021.jpg

Might as well jump in on your thread Mr. B..... I had the same issue with my front tire and took pretty much the same route with a complaint. I lodged a respectful complaint via email and a regional rep from Bridgstone replied. No reason was given for the abnormal wear but I was offered a newer model front that I didn't turn down. I returned home from a 14 day trip to find this tire waiting for me.

Kudos to Bridgestone on their customer service and the way they stand behind their products.
Very cool indeed... I passed this thread along to the Rep BTW... Hopefully they will watch our forum on occasion and even contribute some knowledge?
:whistle: (resident tire experts are hard to find ya know) :)

Back