best tires...

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
i'm going to be replacing my stock tires for a stickier compound. what would be a good tire for the street with some twisty stuff. i've heard of DUAL compound tires, which ones are those and are they good/stick/last? the tires don't necessarily have to be dual compound, just something you guys recommend for the street. know i'll be losing mileage with stickier tires.

i mostly just cruise but like to lean sometimes, nothing aggressive but i'd like something stickier than stock. i did a search but didn't find much, what i did find was old and there are probably new tires out since the threads i found.

hopefulyl this made sense.

I love my Avon's. I actually put about 8500 on my rear Azaro ST. I run both SP's front and rear now and when I get ready for the next change I think I will go with the Avon Viper 59 & 60 Sports. Great dual compound tyre. Stock sucks.
633033498154862970AV60.jpg

It's all give and take. A tire that sticks like glue on a clean road may suck with a bit of sand on the same road. I'd like to ask what Busa159 runs on the work bike. Would think they would run a good all round tire.
beerchug.gif

If you are looking for more stick than the BTO15 OEM tires you'll have to look hard. I took a set to the track and gave them a real arse spankin and they performed flawlessly. I had no one pass me on street tires of any kind and I actually passed a few guys with race numbers. The BT015 has proven itself to me to be a very good performance tire.

While my favorite street tire is a Dunlop Qualifier I am very impressed with the BT015 that comes stock on your 08 busa. Unless you are a far better than average rider, you won't outride this tire!
DSC02038.jpg]<a

This is what your BTO15 looks like when you give it a good spankin!

Attachments

• DSC02038.jpg
    DSC02038.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 58
super.gif
PM -->
Gixx1300R @ Apr. 26 2008 said:
1390481[/ATTACH] PM]
Michelin Power Race
Race tires are not good street tires.  Bad warm-up and you really never get them hot on the street.
Wise Man!

If anyone doubts Charles, check the tire temp when you are done crackin the twisties and I doubt you'll get them to 130 degrees, some 50 degrees less than the opimum preferred temp. End results is a good street tire performs better on the twisties than any full on race tire. I have checked many club racer tire temps as soon as they get back to the pits and I found lots of them don't exceed 150 degrees at the end of a race. While some of the very fastest racers could actually reach temps of 190 degrees. These were guys who spin the tire throughout a ten lap race.

Pirelli did a test with a professional AMA road racer and he couldn't reach temps above 130 degrees on some twisty roads in Tennessee.

Bottom line is, good street tires are much more efficient on the streets than race tires. In my humble opinion of course!
winkold.gif

super.gif

Attachments

• DSC02038.jpg
    DSC02038.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 55
Yo Rev, I got the Qualifiers put on after I had the BT56, and it's a whole different world !! I am by NO MEANS a kneedragger, but at least now it feels like I have a chance, lol. I still would like to try the PP 2ct's, and the Corsa III's.

Isn't Big D using the Diablo's, right now ?  Maybe he could let us know how he likes them ??

and if you have that flat spot on your rear (tire, shut up), you WILL NOT beleive how much of a change it is !!!!

mannnnn i have chicken CUTLETS on my tires!!! seriously, maybe a half inch of strip still left. i'm kool with it but i want stick where i'm at in MY ride.

Back