another tire thread

dsbunton646

Registered
anyone have any experience with the dunlop roadsmart rear tire? i searched and see a lot of people using the michelin road2. i found a better price on the dunlops, but was wondering if anyone had some input. oh yeah, i ride semi aggressive but i have no experience with a dual compound tire.. i got 2600 out of the stock tire.

I have no experience with the RoadSmart Dunlop but I have heard good things about them. Dunlop has a video out which you can probably find on the net which showed this tire being put to the test. Was pretty impressive, expecially in the rain.

I would reccomend Avon storms as well. They can take lots of high hp abuse, stick like glue in the wet or dry, and still last 3 times as long as the stock stones :thumbsup:

I have the storms and like em alot. I also highly reccomend the Metzeler Z6's as well. I had a Z6/M3 combination on my Busa before the current set of Storms and it was about a Jump ball for me. You won't hear many bad stories about the storms around here so that ought to tell you something.

nice! i'm trying to squeeze a few more easy miles out of the stock, but i'll need one asap. sound slike the way to go. what kind of mileage are you getting out of it?

To be honest with you i have a roadsmart on the rear of my 2003 1397 Big Bore Busa, i ride the bike to and from work daily (about 30 miles total) and the tire is wearing extremely well. I would say it has close to 1500 miles on it now, and it still looks close to new. For the first 400 miles i had the tire, i took the bike to Eureka and road it hard through the corners, when i got back from the trip, the tire still looked brand new, plus i didnt have any grip issues, i probably leaned it within 1/2 inch from the edge on both sides, which is comfortable for my riding level. I personally like the tire, the harder center compound is working well for riding back and forth to work, and the softer outer compound still has more grip than my ability for the corners.

Before putting the roadsmart tire on, i had a Dunlop Qualifier that wore out in about 1600 miles with very moderate riding! It wore all the way down to the threads in the center of the tire, i am actually having cycle gear attempt to warranty it through Dunlop as we speak.

Anyways, just my .02.

Bo

I understand the Roadsmarts (see the links to the BMW group in previous posts) start having problems later on in the wear cycle.

Do a search for Avon Storms you will find some posts where people are getting a LOT of mileage out of theirs. I dunno yet.

I understand the Roadsmarts (see the links to the BMW group in previous posts) start having problems later on in the wear cycle.

When a tire has wear issues later in it's life, it's usually suspension related!

Suspension can cause a multitude of wear issues.

Back