Dunlop Roadsmart Tires

Busa45

Registered
I need to get a new rear tire and have been reading the threads here. I have the Dunlop Qualifier now and have been very happy with performance and tread life. I've been looking into the Dunlop Roadsmart so I can get better tire life (flat here in Florida). The reviews look good.
I am a little concerned about the tread pattern (wide grooves and they cross the tire center line). I was thinking these might be a little rough (vibration) and noisey. Has anyone been running these for a while and have some overall feedback?

Thanks,
Busa45.

Your dunlop Qualifier is a performance tire while the Roadsmart is a touring tire.

You'll find most if not all touring tires with these wide deep groves. Touring tires always have a heavier, stiffer casing because bikes that use them are usually heavier and carry heavier loads. The deep wide grooves serve two purposes. Since touring bikes generally encounter more rain the deep wide grooves move water more effectively and also allows the carcass to flex more for a softer ride.

If I were in Florida I'd be running a performance front and touring rear too! As a matter of fact, I'm going to a BTO16 front and BTO21 rear in the spring! Same type tires as you, only Bridgestone! :beerchug:

In normal temps 45 degree or higher its a great tire, does every thing you need or want it to do.
But if your riding below 45 degrees be very very very careful, they get really really hard and slick.

learned my lesson the hard way lol
dunlop roadsmart spring summer fall
shinkos 005-009 in winter

shinkos 005-009 in winter[/QUOTE]

I havent used a shinko but have heard that its just a cheap tire not very good. You get what you pay for.

As for the dunlops I owned one once and it made it 2000 miles and the wires started to show. I don't do burnouts.

Michelin has a tire just for the Busa/ZX-14 supposed to be able to handle all the toruqe.

I have Avon storms and they are a harder compound but they hold up ok. they have spun in hard cornering twice. so depends on your riding

I've been running dunlop's on the busa since I got it. I put the roadsmart on the rear beacuse I was doing alot of highway back and forth to work. I've put some mile's on it and it don't look flat in the center. I think you can see it in the pic of the tail of my bike in the post I put in the mod's section listed as helibar pic's. I would get another one for the busa in a heartbeat. I still run the quialifer on the front and have had no problem's.

Back